You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Mincraft [Android]

b/Phones & Tablets Started by tr1p1ea, June 30, 2015, 12:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/tr1p1ea July 21, 2015, 11:55:21 PM
I guess the problem is that the characters are actually 3D (not animated sprites) - so the legs are actually 3D and move forward and back on their own ... similar to what happens in minecraft.

I havent had much time to work on this recently, but i will try to make another mob to show you what i mean.

Also question: Should I keep the existing basic textures or draw more traditional looking ones?
u/Dream of Omnimaga July 22, 2015, 12:02:55 AM
Is it possible with 3D to make the legs move instantly then stop moving entirely for 0.33 seconds for each pose?

As for the textures, an idea I had in mind was to do it like Sonic (checkerboard). Just as long as it doesn't look too close to Minecraft. It could either be simpler or completely HD. I personally like the textures in the last video.
u/Unicorn July 22, 2015, 01:12:46 AM
Me too, I liked those textures.
u/alexgt July 22, 2015, 03:03:53 PM
I would stick with the textures you have now ;)
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 10, 2015, 06:01:30 AM
@tr1p1ea how have the recent optimizations been going by the way? I doN,t exactly remember everything because many posts got lost but I remember that you had some performance issues and were trying to track down the culprits.
u/Unicorn August 10, 2015, 06:29:13 AM
Hopefully everything is working out, I really like this idea :)
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators