Alternatively, join us on Discord.

Mincraft [Android]

Started by tr1p1ea, June 30, 2015, 12:45:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

I love the simplicity and indiffence of the ai. I'll see if I can make an actual 3d one though because we do have 3 of the four sides of walrii. Also at the beginning of the video there were so many walriis falling from the sky.

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: tr1p1ea on July 14, 2015, 08:34:49 am
Well it has basic AI, it just runs and jumps around :).

EDIT - Video! :).

Awesome. :D. You should make it animated like this: :walrii:

Unicorn

Yeah, I agree, it looks great! But why did they fall from the sky?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

They should have wings O.O.
MinePrime: ShowHide
walriis will take the place of horses and you will be able to ride them ;)

tr1p1ea

At this stage all AI fall from the sky so they dont get trapped inside the terrain. The animation is handled by a software 'animator' ... but it moves parts defined as 'arms' and 'legs' ... not so much from animated frames (since it is a 3D model).

I could define the flippers and tail as legs and see what it looks like?

alexgt

That would work, can you import .stl or .obj files because I can make a 3D walrii I think :)

tr1p1ea

Its kind of a strange system as the models are actually slices of a 3d model - in images. Each pixel is a 3d cube.

Unicorn

I don't know how flippers and arms and legs would work, but maybe lowering the amount of walriis spawned when you implement other mobs, making them rare?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

tr1p1ea

Yeah the vid is just a test, the amount of them is easily controlled :).

Unicorn

Cool. will there be mob drops?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

tr1p1ea

At this stage mobs are non-interactable (you cant kill them) ... those sorts of features will come later.

I have some serious optimising to do before i get to that stuff.

Unicorn

Ooo boy! Optimizing! :P Good luck! :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Good luck, when I try to optimize code it just breaks stuff (that is kind of why I  am recoding MinePrime :P)

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 19, 2015, 12:18:37 am
Good luck, when I try to optimize code it just breaks stuff (that is kind of why I  am recoding MinePrime :P)

You know, that happens to me to. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Would making the legs animated slow things down a lot when there are many mobs at once nearby?