Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) The 4x3 contest comes to an end!

Started by Yuki, June 01, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

SEIZURES WARNING!

Well, it's the end of the contest! Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry! And if you haven't done it yet, well too bad.

You were a total of 14 contestants who submitted an entry, they have now been screened and accepted by staff! We will also give download links here real soon so you can try them out! Also, feel free to post them in your topic now.

Have fun ^_^

Edit: You can download all the entries at the following URL: http://codewalr.us/contests/2015-4x3/

EDIT (DJ): The poll is now online, above the first post of this thread or if you are viewing this from the front page, at http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=509.0 ! Choose the three entries that you like the most. Results will be hidden until the end of the poll and judging.

UPDATE (June 15th 2015): The final results are out! http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=546.0
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

YAY! well done everyone!

ITS OVER!!!!!!!!! :walrii: Now, I cant wait to have fun with these entries, congrats to everyone!

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

JWinslow23

Can't wait to mess with the other entries either. Best of luck to all!

News: New last-minute entry to the CodeWalrus 4x3 contest: The Game! Yes, the one you just lost. News: CodeWalrus 4x3 contest comes to a close! 13 people submitted entries, and today's date has inexplicably changed to Friday the 13th. Rumor has it that the black cat that crossed DJ Omnimaga's path was involved. News: 89.5% of statistics in fake news tickers break the fourth wall and are made up on the spot.

Unicorn

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 01, 2015, 12:08:01 AM

News: New last-minute entry to the CodeWalrus 4x3 contest: The Game! Yes, the one you just lost. News: CodeWalrus 4x3 contest comes to a close! 13 people submitted entries, and today's date has inexplicably changed to Friday the 13th. Rumor has it that the black cat that crossed DJ Omnimaga's path was involved. News: 89.5% of statistics in fake news tickers break the fourth wall and are made up on the spot.

Lovely
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

JWinslow23

Quote from: Unicorn on June 01, 2015, 12:13:39 AM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 01, 2015, 12:08:01 AM

Lovely
Thanks. By the way, that statistic was made up on the spot :P

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on June 01, 2015, 12:00:11 AM
Well, it's the end of the contest! Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry! And if you haven't done it yet, well too bad.

You were a total of 13 contestants who submitted an entry, they are now up for consideration by the judges! We will also give download links here real soon so you can try them out! Also, feel free to post them in your topic now.

Have fun ^_^
I hope you still got it. It arrived a few mins late, because of some problems on my side. Gmail was not working. and stuff.
Please still judge it, although I know I can't win the 1st place anymore.

Muessigb.

I used a GMX.DE mail adress to send it, so that it doesn't confuse.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

JWinslow23

Breaking news: DarkestEx breaks the curse of the 4x3 contest! Apparently, on the other side of the world, black cats crossing your path is GOOD luck. News: Half Life 3 is officially confirmed! The contest is 4x3...4x3=12, and 1+2=3. The result is obvious from there. News: It has been revealed that rearranging the letters of CodeWalrus gives Owl Crusade. I, for one, welcome our new owl overlords.

princetonlion.tibd

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 01, 2015, 12:38:53 AM
Breaking news: DarkestEx breaks the curse of the 4x3 contest! Apparently, on the other side of the world, black cats crossing your path is GOOD luck. News: Half Life 3 is officially confirmed! The contest is 4x3...4+3=12, and 1+2=3. The result is obvious from there. News: It has been revealed that rearranging the letters of CodeWalrus gives Owl Crusade. I, for one, welcome our new owl overlords.
4+3=12? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

JWinslow23

Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on June 01, 2015, 12:41:22 AM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 01, 2015, 12:38:53 AM
Breaking news: DarkestEx breaks the curse of the 4x3 contest! Apparently, on the other side of the world, black cats crossing your path is GOOD luck. News: Half Life 3 is officially confirmed! The contest is 4x3...4+3=12, and 1+2=3. The result is obvious from there. News: It has been revealed that rearranging the letters of CodeWalrus gives Owl Crusade. I, for one, welcome our new owl overlords.
4+3=12? :P
We here at Owl Crusade News are issuing an official apology. We didn't mean to come up with wrong calculations. We also didn't want all of these sentences to have exactly 3 Ws in them.

Yuki

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 01, 2015, 12:22:55 AM
Quote from: Juju on June 01, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

You were a total of 13 contestants who submitted an entry, they are now up for consideration by the judges! We will also give download links here real soon so you can try them out! Also, feel free to post them in your topic now.

Have fun ^_^
I hope you still got it. It arrived a few mins late, because of some problems on my side. Gmail was not working. and stuff.
Please still judge it, although I know I can't win the 1st place anymore.

Muessigb.

I used a GMX.DE mail adress to send it, so that it doesn't confuse.
DJ is probably at some hockey game right now so I'm handling this while he's not here. Well, as you got some problems with your email and you still managed to post it before I post all the entries online I'd forgive you, but well it's pretty much case by case. DJ have the final word on this though, so let's wait for him to say what he thinks.

By the way you can try them out here, I'll post the votes ar around midnight GMT-4, or at least after we checked for their validity.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

Quote from: Juju on June 01, 2015, 12:47:15 AM
By the way you can try them out here, I'll post the votes ar around midnight GMT-4, or at least after we checked for their validity.
I didn't see Nagoji 4x3?!
NVM xD I found it... it is late ok :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on June 01, 2015, 12:47:15 AM
DJ is probably at some hockey game right now so I'm handling this while he's not here. Well, as you got some problems with your email and you still managed to post it before I post all the entries online I'd forgive you, but well it's pretty much case by case. DJ have the final word on this though, so let's wait for him to say what he thinks.
Oh that is awsome  ;D
Thank you soo much Juju!

Quote from: Juju on June 01, 2015, 12:47:15 AMBy the way you can try them out here, I'll post the votes ar around midnight GMT-4, or at least after we checked for their validity.
I just did. I found some real nices ones. I will sleep now and play some more of them tomorrow.
Good night!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Unicorn

Ooo oooo ooo! //i can't wait to try all the one I can!!! :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

unknownloner

/)

JWinslow23

Commemorative anagrams, because why not:

Codewalrus Four Times Three Contest = drew to a close; to them, turns us fierce.

Codewalrus Four by Three Contest = Beat other scores? Fun. We could try.