You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Post Your Photos!

Previous topic - Next topic

b/Media Talk publicado por u/Unicorn June 03, 2016, 09:32:15 PM
So yeah, post your photos here! I'll start us off with some bird photography I got in Costa Rica!

A toucan....

Rufous tailed hummingbird...

And a "wild turkey" with some weird lighting

I'm hoping to get some better pictures of hummingbirds, heading to cloud forest now, but I will definitely be getting a lot of monkeys!
Inicia sesión o crea una cuenta para dejar un comentario
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 04, 2016, 02:46:59 AM
Woah, those bird pics are beautiful @Unicorn :O
u/Jokeriske June 04, 2016, 10:03:48 AM
the black one is nice! (the others are too)
u/Unicorn June 04, 2016, 02:01:25 PM
Haha, thanks guys :)

I'm hoping to get a nice shot of a hummingbird in flight, not sure how well that'll work out.
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 04, 2016, 03:53:53 PM
It probably depends of how fast they go and how good your camera is. It can be very hard to take good pictures of moving stuff, depending of the camera I think. >.<
u/Unicorn June 04, 2016, 04:31:36 PM
yeah, I had some pictures but I was kinda far away so focusing was a little hard. I just have to get closer.
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 04, 2016, 05:13:27 PM
Do those birds often fly low? If you're not too noisy then maybe it could be your lucky day?
u/Unicorn June 05, 2016, 02:13:55 PM
It depends what type of bird you want. Hummingbirds are hard because the are.constantly moving, but you can get to them easily. Other birds you usually see flying in to a branch, and they perch there for a while, so you can adjust to get a photo.

Anyways, here are some parrots. The photo was really backlit, but with some tuning you can see them.

u/Dream of Omnimaga June 05, 2016, 04:13:32 PM
Oooh nice! I didn't know those were in Costa Rica. I thought they only lived in Australia.
u/Adriweb June 05, 2016, 05:42:37 PM
One I took in Montreal some time ago:

u/Dream of Omnimaga June 05, 2016, 08:21:09 PM
Nice Adriweb :D. I wish we could have met IRL somewhere around Quebec City while you were in Canada D:
u/Caleb Hansberry June 10, 2016, 03:03:28 AM
Got a pic of smoke billowing out of my car, it's a car with many issues that I don't have money to fix:
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 10, 2016, 06:11:44 PM
Ouch, that seems very bad. Which car brand is this? I think I saw it before but I am not great at car brands. Old cars tend to require more repairs but some new and old cars seems to break more often than others. I hope you can afford to get it fixed (or replaced?) soon.
u/Caleb Hansberry June 14, 2016, 05:37:11 AM
Yeah, fairly bad. 1984 Honda Prelude. Thankfully it was a leaky coolant hose, which cost $700 to fix, and not something very similar - a broken head gasket, which could be $2000 to fix. No idea why I had to pay $700 to replace a hose, but I did. Borrowed it from my brother, which was nice that that was possible, but I will have to pay him back sometime which will be hard since I'm making about $90/week right now...
It has 106k miles on it and has almost all original parts, so a lot are failing now sadly.
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:42:27 AM by Caleb Hansberry
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 14, 2016, 07:17:09 AM
Wait, $700? That's a lot.  I am surprised that the car is falling apart after only 106K miles, though. I know many people have cars with over 200 on them and while they have to replace parts on a regular basis, the car overall is still in good condition. Maybe due to previous owner or the brand?
Start a Discussion

b/Media Talk

Movies, novels, comics (web, book, animated), manga, TV shows...

Topics
Explore Board
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators