You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Post Your Photos!

b/Media Talk Started by Unicorn, June 03, 2016, 09:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Caleb Hansberry June 14, 2016, 07:36:52 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 14, 2016, 07:17:09 AM
Wait, $700? That's a lot.  I am surprised that the car is falling apart after only 106K miles, though. I know many people have cars with over 200 on them and while they have to replace parts on a regular basis, the car overall is still in good condition. Maybe due to previous owner or the brand?
Well that's just the thing, 106k miles is low - my last car had over double that - but low miles is the reason it was able to last 32 years without any new parts! If it had 230k miles it would actually be better, because there's no way they'd last that long and it'd have some sort of maintenance done. As it is now, for example, the transmission and timing belt will need replaced sometime. Basically it's an age thing more than a miles thing, some parts like alternator magnets and brushes, and rubber fittings and hoses, even many plastic ones, wear out over time without use. I had a plastic vacuum line fitting that had broken into like 20 pieces, it was dust o__o
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 14, 2016, 08:13:43 AM
Oh darn, I didn't know that. I guess I am not very savvy about cars. Another issue is that you live in an area where Winters are very Canadian-like, so stuff gets damaged by calcium or whatever they use to prevent roads from being slippery.
u/Caleb Hansberry January 10, 2017, 06:15:55 AM
Shucks the topic died!

Here is a pic of me with my new car with my old car in the background. It's a 2007 Mazda 3, cost $2500 and so far runs really well, I'm happy with it!
u/p2 January 10, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
June 14 and yet you post here You truely are a necroposter  :ninja:

i yours the car on the left or the one you're standing next to? :trollface:
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators