The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TI-92 cable

Started by Jemons, August 25, 2017, 12:48:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemons

Does anyone know how to make a TI-92 USB cable or know where to get one for cheap? I want one to update the firmware on my TI-92.  :)
Why are you reading this? Ohhh, right... This is my signature.

Sent from my iPhone

DJ Omnimaga

You will have to buy a Silverlink USB cable from Texas Instruments, preferably on Ebay or something if it's cheaper there.

You cannot upgrade your TI-92, though, unless you got the very rare Plus module attached to your calculator, which basically turns your TI-92 into an hardware revision 1 of the upgradeable TI-92 Plus. All you can do is transfer TI-92 files.

Jemons

Quote from: xlibman on August 25, 2017, 03:56:11 am
You will have to buy a Silverlink USB cable from Texas Instruments, preferably on Ebay or something if it's cheaper there.

You cannot upgrade your TI-92, though, unless you got the very rare Plus module attached to your calculator, which basically turns your TI-92 into an hardware revision 1 of the upgradeable TI-92 Plus. All you can do is transfer TI-92 files.

How do I know if I have the Plus module attached to my calculator?
Why are you reading this? Ohhh, right... This is my signature.

Sent from my iPhone

Lionel Debroux

You need to open the back of the calculator as if you wanted to, say, change the batteries, which requires moving a piece of plastic on the top (or bottom ?) side to unlock the back. You might then see one of the modules listed at e.g. http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/TI-92_Expansion.htm .

One of the software ways to check whether you have a Plus module should be the availability of "Archive" / "Unarchive" entries in Home -> 2nd -> Var-Link -> F1. If they're missing, then the calculator doesn't seem to provide user-accessible Flash memory.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.