+-Discord Shoutbox


Alternatively, join us on Discord directly.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(MILD SPOILERS) Star Wars VII, who do you think Rey's parents are?

Started by kegwaan, December 30, 2015, 11:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who do you think Rey is?

Han and Leia's daughter
2 (28.6%)
Obi-Wan's granddaughter
0 (0%)
Luke's daughter
4 (57.1%)
Relation to someone else in the saga (tell me in the replies!)
0 (0%)
Just a new character with no relation to any one else.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

alexgt

Rey probably got her piloting skills by searching around the star destroyer that she got parts from so she knew how it worked and also she got minor flying skills from the small speeder bike she had. And remember she wasn't the best when she first started flying a large ship ie. Millennium Falcon.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

kegwaan

Quote from: alexgt on December 31, 2015, 06:32:26 PM
Rey probably got her piloting skills by searching around the star destroyer that she got parts from so she knew how it worked and also she got minor flying skills from the small speeder bike she had. And remember she wasn't the best when she first started flying a large ship ie. Millennium Falcon.
Well, yeah, she might have learned some skills on Jakku, but she had never flown or operated anything even close to the Millenium Falcon, but although she wasn't the best, she was still pretty good at piloting it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

but from one ship to another the idea is still the same ex: a golf cart compared to a regular car, they use the same propulsion but on a smaller scale
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

kegwaan

Quote from: alexgt on December 31, 2015, 09:35:17 PM
but from one ship to another the idea is still the same ex: a golf cart compared to a regular car, they use the same propulsion but on a smaller scale
That is true with the example you gave and a few other examples, but take a look at her speeder. Nothing too fancy, it's basically a hovering fudgesicle. Then look at the Millennium Falcon, especially its dashboard and controls. It would be like knowing how to fly a plane after learning to operate a remote control car.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

It could also be her ability with the force, since Anakin could also use a tad bit of the force to guide him with pod racing, and she seems to be even stronger than Anakin since she had no training and used a mind trick.

*cough*a little over sight disney*cough* *cough*
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Scipi

Quote from: alexgt on January 01, 2016, 06:07:49 AM
*cough*a little over sight disney*cough* *cough*

Well, the Force is a bit of a cop-out for everything since it basically has a mind of its own. It's not unreasonable that it reached out the Rey and "taught" her the ability for its own ends.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm




Adriweb

  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

alexgt

Quote from: Scipi on January 01, 2016, 06:13:46 AM
Quote from: alexgt on January 01, 2016, 06:07:49 AM
*cough*a little over sight disney*cough* *cough*

Well, the Force is a bit of a cop-out for everything since it basically has a mind of its own. It's not unreasonable that it reached out the Rey and "taught" her the ability for its own ends.
But no one in the history of Jedi/ sith just had the force, and what is even more strange is that they really didn't mention that Rey had the force at all, it just happened <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: Adriweb on January 01, 2016, 06:14:47 AM
Luke's daughter, for me.
Yeah, probably the case, though my friend says that Finn and Rey are siblings... Not sure about that one :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???



??? ??? ??? ??? ???

novenary

Quote from: alexgt on January 01, 2016, 06:00:37 PM
But no one in the history of Jedi/ sith just had the force, and what is even more strange is that they really didn't mention that Rey had the force at all, it just happened <_<
Well, people who can use the Force do show signs of their ability early, just look at Anakin, he already had precognition when he was a kid before he received any training. Like in Harry Potter where kids can instinctively or subconsciously use their powers before going to Hogwarts.

alexgt

^ Yeah, but full blown force powers with no training is unheard of...

Quote from: Unicorn on January 02, 2016, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: Adriweb on January 01, 2016, 06:14:47 AM
Luke's daughter, for me.
Yeah, probably the case, though my friend says that Finn and Rey are siblings... Not sure about that one :P
If Finn and Rey were siblings Finn would also have the force, and when they take storm troopers they scan for medichlorians to see if they could be used for s sith, so it is unlikely...
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

kegwaan

Quote from: alexgt on January 02, 2016, 11:29:52 PM
^ Yeah, but full blown force powers with no training is unheard of...

Quote from: Unicorn on January 02, 2016, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: Adriweb on January 01, 2016, 06:14:47 AM
Luke's daughter, for me.
Yeah, probably the case, though my friend says that Finn and Rey are siblings... Not sure about that one :P
If Finn and Rey were siblings Finn would also have the force, and when they take storm troopers they scan for medichlorians to see if they could be used for s sith, so it is unlikely...
It doesn't automatically mean Finn has the force, however it is more likely. Also, are we overlooking the obvious evidence of why they aren't siblings?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

c4ooo

If luke is the father, who is the mother?
I hope its not leia  :P
I am also fairly certain that women are scarce on random islands _._

alexgt

I don't know who the mother could be... she is probably just a new character with no other relations

Disney <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Powered by EzPortal