Alternatively, join us on Discord.

(MILD SPOILERS) Star Wars VII, who do you think Rey's parents are?

Started by kegwaan, December 30, 2015, 11:06:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who do you think Rey is?

Han and Leia's daughter
2 (28.6%)
Obi-Wan's granddaughter
0 (0%)
Luke's daughter
4 (57.1%)
Relation to someone else in the saga (tell me in the replies!)
0 (0%)
Just a new character with no relation to any one else.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

kegwaan

SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW . . . IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN STAR WARS VII, I DO NOT RECOMMEND READING THIS TOPIC.
* * * * *
* * * *
* * *
* *
*
Now that that's out of the way, let's continue.
I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I wanted to know what family line Rey comes from in Star Wars 7. There's been a lot of speculation and theorizing on the internet lately, and there are lot of compelling arguments that she could be Han and Leia's daughter, Luke's daughter, Obi-Wan's daughter/granddaughter, etc.

As we see in the movie, Rey knows a lot about spaceships (or starships, or whatever you call them). This is evidence for her being Han's daughter, as he is pretty good with ships, or it could evidence for her being Luke's daughter, since we know the Skywalkers are good pilots.

Near the end of the movie, we see Rey being able to use the force, almost better than even Kylo Ren (remember when she kicked his a... err, butt?). The Skywalkers have been strong in the force, starting with Anakin and continuing on to Luke. So, this is more evidence for her being Luke's daughter. But it could also be evidence for her being at Leia's daughter, because her father (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader) had the force, so Rey would have a higher probability of having the force. It could also mean that she is Obi-Wan's daughter/granddaughter, because he was very strong in the force.

We also see at Maz Kanata's castle when  Rey finds Luke's lightsaber, that it was "calling out" to her. It's possible that if she was in the Skywalker family line, the lightsaber would be hers next (after Anakin and Luke had it). It could also mean that she is Obi-Wan's daughter, because Obi-Wan had possession of the lightsaber for so long.

For me, it seems that it is most likely that Rey is Luke's daughter. It just makes the most sense, between her being a good pilot and being strong in the force.

P.S. Sorry for bad wording and probably a few spelling errors. If you need me to re-word something to clarify, let me know.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

semiprocoder

I honestly don't remember why but there was a scene(that I forgot) that left me entirely convinced that Rey was Han and Leia's daughter.
Also is Kylo ren even trained in the force? The movie left me thinking that he was amazing through this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Since he managed to stop that blaster bullet in midair without even looking.

Then that he was completely untrained in the ways of the force because:
Spoiler: ShowHide

He was relatively easily defeated by Rey, despite her never having trained in the force. Sure she is powerful but that is just ridiculous. If she really is this powerful then she could undoubtably absolutely crush the sith after she is trained.
But never mind her, Fin(or whatever his storm trooper name was) held out against Kylo Ren relatively well, even managing to hit him before dying, something a trained Jedi should easily be able to avoid, especially against someone who has no force.

On a sidenote maybe Fin is a Jedi too then? Not a powerful one but with some amount of the force?
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

CVSoft

It's pretty obvious the parents are Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

I should probably watch the movie.

aeTIos

I strongly disagree with the notion that Rey might be Han's daughter, because Han would have recognized her.
ceci n'est pas une signature

c4ooo

Quote from: kegwaan on December 30, 2015, 11:06:40 pm
We also see at Maz Kanata's castle when  Rey finds Luke's lightsaber, that it was "calling out" to her. It's possible that if she was in the Skywalker family line, the lightsaber would be hers next (after Anakin and Luke had it). It could also mean that she is Obi-Wan's daughter, because Obi-Wan had possession of the lightsaber for so long.

Your logic is flawed because Luke's (anikan's) first litsaber was lost, and in episode 6 he had a new green one ;)
In the begening of the movie Ray had said that she was waiting for her perents "to come back", so that implies they left at some point.
And i still want to know who Anikkans's dad was :P

kegwaan

Quote from: aeTIos on December 30, 2015, 11:52:13 pm
I strongly disagree with the notion that Rey might be Han's daughter, because Han would have recognized her.

Well, it's possible that Leia either had Rey after she and Han split up or that she had Rey with another guy...
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

kegwaan

Quote from: semiprocoder on December 30, 2015, 11:47:07 pm
I honestly don't remember why but there was a scene(that I forgot) that left me entirely convinced that Rey was Han and Leia's daughter.
Also is Kylo ren even trained in the force? The movie left me thinking that he was amazing through this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Since he managed to stop that blaster bullet in midair without even looking.

Then that he was completely untrained in the ways of the force because:
Spoiler: ShowHide

He was relatively easily defeated by Rey, despite her never having trained in the force. Sure she is powerful but that is just ridiculous. If she really is this powerful then she could undoubtably absolutely crush the sith after she is trained.
But never mind her, Fin(or whatever his storm trooper name was) held out against Kylo Ren relatively well, even managing to hit him before dying, something a trained Jedi should easily be able to avoid, especially against someone who has no force.

On a sidenote maybe Fin is a Jedi too then? Not a powerful one but with some amount of the force?


Well, maybe Kylo Ren already knew that he was related to Rey *somehow* and kind of let her win? We know that he isn't a complete Sith yet, and they keep mentioning that he still has a bit of the light side still in him.
And the scene you can't remember, is it possible that it was the scene where Leia hugs Rey? That was definitely signaling that they were some kind of family.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Max Leiter

Kind of unrelated to this post, but the biggest issue I had with the movie was this
Spoiler: ShowHide

WHY DIDNT KYLO REN USE THE FORCE ON FINN WHEN THEY WERE FIGHTING

alexgt

@kegwaan please use the modify button ;) (your post was only 1 hour after the one before)

But I think that she is Luke's daughter just because it would make no sense for her to just appear (Luke and Leia were the only ones left with possible force powers after the purge and since Disney discredited all expanded universe stuff <_< <_<) And it can't find a way to justify her being Han's & Leia's daughter because if they felt so hurt about Kylo Ren (Ben) then why would they abandon Rey.

@Max Leiter no the biggest problem is how did Rey use jedi mind powers with no training and not even wanting to believe in the force ???

kegwaan

Quote from: alexgt on December 31, 2015, 12:14:23 am
@Max Leiter no the biggest problem is how did Rey use jedi mind powers with no training and not even wanting to believe in the force ???

Actually, the biggest problem with the movie was when Kylo Ren took off his helmet when he was interrogating Rey. On the bridge with Han Solo should have been the first time he took off his helmet. They said it was to make him more human and show that he has emotions, but the scene before it where he talks to Vader's helmet already shows that.

On a side note, I heard a great theory that Kylo Ren became a dark force user in order to take down Supreme Leader Snoke. He talks to Vader's helmet because he is trying to finish what Anakin started, bringing balance to the force.
Spoiler: ShowHide
Also, right before he killed Han, he told him he has to do something he doesn't want to. Then he asks Han to help him, by dying for him, so that Kylo can become a Sith and take down Snoke.
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Streetwalrus

Quote from: c4ooo on December 30, 2015, 11:54:44 pm
Your logic is flawed because Luke's (anikan's) first litsaber was lost, and in episode 6 he had a new green one ;)
In the begening of the movie Ray had said that she was waiting for her perents "to come back", so that implies they left at some point.
And i still want to know who Anikkans's dad was :P

Lost, not destroyed. :P

I think the theory of Rey being Luke's daughter is the most likely, it's also almost official iirc but that leaves one question in that case : who is her mom ?

Quote from: kegwaan on December 31, 2015, 03:12:16 pm
On a side note, I heard a great theory that Kylo Ren became a dark force user in order to take down Supreme Leader Snoke. He talks to Vader's helmet because he is trying to finish what Anakin started, bringing balance to the force.

That reminds me of an EU comic where the Emperor revives because he has clone bodies, and Luke goes to the dark side to get closer to him and eventually defeats him for good.

If you consider what the dark side is, Kylo turning into a sith kind of makes sense. His personality is very unstable, he can't control his emotions, especially rage (there are two scenes where he literally smashes everything around him with his lightsaber).

DarkestEx


Scipi

I'd say she's Han's and Leia's daughter. She looks like Leia, and she has a natural affinity for machines and flying, just like Han. They could have left her on Jakku after Kylo Ren fell to the dark side.




c4ooo

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 31, 2015, 03:38:47 pm
I think the theory of Rey being Luke's daughter is the most likely, it's also almost official iirc but that leaves one question in that case : who is her mom ?

Hmm... i wonder why Han left Leia :trollface:

Streetwalrus

Quote from: Scipi on December 31, 2015, 04:18:41 pm
I'd say she's Han's and Leia's daughter. She looks like Leia, and she has a natural affinity for machines and flying, just like Han. They could have left her on Jakku after Kylo Ren fell to the dark side.

Don't forget that both Anakin and Luke were skilled pilots too. And that Luke and Leia are siblings, so either way the resemblance is there.

Quote from: c4ooo on December 31, 2015, 04:22:05 pm
Hmm... i wonder why Han left Leia :trollface:

>incest

Powered by EzPortal