The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Sorcery of Uvutu Statistics

Started by 123outerme, January 15, 2017, 02:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

January 15, 2017, 02:37:25 am Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:49:50 pm by 123outerme
Here's where I'm going to put various tables, data, etc. about Sorcery of Uvutu.

Attacks: ShowHide
Physical Attacks:

Slice/Slash: No element  - Automatically obtained from the start
Flare/Blaze: Fire (Increased damage on West Pole enemies)  - obtained from Flame Sword
Crack/Break: Earth (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Rock Sword
Chill/Ice: Ice (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Chill Sword
Flow/Sweep: Water (Increased damage on Dragon's Den and Under City enemies)  - obtained from Water Sword
Whack/Bash: Dirty (Increased damage on Upper City enemies)  - obtained from Dual Knife
Stab/Gash: Evil (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Gold Sword
Smash: Ultra (Increased damage on all enemies except the second-to-last boss)  - Obtained from Smash Sword

Magic Attacks:

Thorn/Vine: Plant (Increased damage on Worry Quarry and River Lake enemies)  - obtained from Wood Tome
Fire/Pyre: Fire (Increased damage on West Pole enemies)  - obtained from Burnt Tome
Rock/Stone: Earth (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Stone Tome
Frost/Hail: Ice (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Cold Tome
Storm/Volt: Water (Increased damage on Under City enemies)  - obtained from Storm Tome
Smell/Stench: Dirty (Increased damage on Upper City enemies)  - obtained from Smelly Tome
Dark/Evil: Evil (Increased damage on NO enemies)  - obtained from Dark Tome
Alpha: Ultra (Increased damage on all enemies except the second-to-last boss)  - obtained from Alpha Tome

Other Attacks:

Block: Blocks half of enemy damage. Reduces your damage by 20%  -  Always available
Arrow: Unobtainable move only used by one enemy type.

Other Things: ShowHide

Github Link:
https://github.com/TildaCubed/SorceryofUvutu
(Includes CSE and mono source up to v1.3 and Nspire ports (but there's not a whole lot to look at there :P)

Secrets/Little Known Stuff: ShowHide

* Levelling up after beating a boss will grant you a higher potential HP increase (increase while not fighting a boss is between 5-7, fighting a boss is 7-9).
* Upon level up, you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting an extra Stat Point to level your stats up with.
* The two ultimate moves do increased damage to every enemy besides the second-to-last boss, and as of v1.3, have increased critical potential.

123outerme

Update: Just put the Github link in the Other Things spoiler. Will plan to add more to this if I ever get around to it  :ninja:

DJ Omnimaga

Is it me or I could obtain the same magic multiple times later in the game? In any case those are a lot of attacks :)

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 04, 2017, 09:33:51 pm
Is it me or I could obtain the same magic multiple times later in the game? In any case those are a lot of attacks :)

It's probably because the attacks for World 6 and 7 are extremely similar, especially the regular "melee" attacks. Yeah, I do have a lot of attacks :P But for monochrome, I didn't have that much space for different tiles (and the differences in tiles would probably be pretty hard to see), so I just have it do the thing you wanted me to try, putting multiple of the sprite in random areas around the enemy for the upgraded attack.