Alternatively, join us on Discord.

Keyberry Pi - A small, keyboard sized computer

Started by DarkestEx, December 14, 2015, 12:39:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on January 03, 2016, 08:29:11 pm
I meant you would think they would have it in stock by now with such high demand xD

They never had it in stock yet. I came to their site to preorder so I never thought it would arrive very quickly :P
But it should be in stock soon I think.

alexgt

alexgt

I see, I wonder if there are any in brick & mortar stores...

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on January 03, 2016, 08:35:51 pm
I see, I wonder if there are any in brick & mortar stores...

I have no idea.

Also, I got this e-mail from them 11 days ago:
http://pastebin.com/WMmsNjVK [I quickly translated it to english and remove the personal information]

alexgt

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on January 03, 2016, 08:56:47 pm
So they are no longer available there?!

Well, preorder phase is over. They have not been supplied yet.

alexgt

DarkestEx

There is something to celebrate:

After just about one year (of mostly waiting for parts) it is finally done! ;D

p2

well that's nice :D
The only thing that would even be cooler if the upper side of the keyboard would include the connectors instead of cables coming out of it ^^
can you provide a photo of the back of it? :)
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

DJ Omnimaga

Ooh nice to see this done, and yeah I agree with DarkestEx. I wonder how hard it would be, though? Also to be honest maybe it's a good thing if the cables come out, as it could be easier to connect, especially if he doesn't have much room. :P

p2

I wonder how long it will take until even such homemade project will start using the USB type C connector... ^^
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

gbl08ma

USB Type C and USB 3 require support from the SoC or eventually from a separate interface connected to it through a high-speed bus. It's much more than just playing with connector sizes like when you go from a 2.0 standard A connector to miniUSB or microUSB.
Since none of the cheap single-board computers on the market right now support USB Type C (and I don't think any support USB 3 in the sub-$50 range, either), it's probably going to be a couple of years before we see hobbyist projects using Type C.

SiphonicSugar

I'm very happy to see that this project is going underway!
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

GalacticPirate

I bet this thing is still more powerful than my crappy Broadwell i3-5005U Acer Aspire F5 :trollface: