Alternatively, join us on Discord.

[PC] Wal-Rush! (Scratch/Flash)

Started by JWinslow23, December 14, 2015, 12:33:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kegwaan

It seems like something I'd get in trouble for playing during math class. Jk, I make sure I don't get caught  8) Looks fantastic though  :thumbsup:
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

JWinslow23

Hahah, thank you!

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A CONTEST MODERATOR: ShowHide
That binary I posted is not of my Walrii program, in any prototype, beta, or final form or otherwise. It is a TI-BASIC program that has these contents:

ClrHome:Disp "Are you kidding?","You think I'd","disqualify my","entry this early","on? No way! :P

I have broken no rules. I just had a little fun :P

DJ Omnimaga

I'm glad that this program is fake and not from the real contest entry <_<

Also this looks nice so far. I was worried about the motion blur making anything hard to see, but it doesn't seem too bad. Does it flicker a lot on the real machine?

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 10:55:38 pm

Also this looks nice so far. I was worried about the motion blur making anything hard to see, but it doesn't seem too bad. Does it flicker a lot on the real machine?

Hey, don't give me that look! Gah :banghead:

And thanks. It actually does flicker very noticeably (not enough to ruin the gray effect, but enough for you to see that it's flashing two images over and over). I might as well make this 15MHz only. :-\

kegwaan

I haven't seen anything posted here in a while, but I'm just curious as to how the project is going? Any optimizations that made it faster? Or any new features?
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: JWinslow23 on December 14, 2015, 10:57:54 pm
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 10:55:38 pm

Hey, don't give me that look! Gah :banghead:

And thanks. It actually does flicker very noticeably (not enough to ruin the gray effect, but enough for you to see that it's flashing two images over and over). I might as well make this 15MHz only. :-\
It depends. If the flicker isn't that much worse than in Desolate then I think it should be fine. Even Reuben-BASIC-like flicker (when it ran at 15 MHz) would be tolerable, but with scrolling it would not be ideal. 15 MHz is fine for the contest.

DJ Omnimaga

I like the result, so far. Also interesting that Walrii grows in size in this game :P

alexgt

Nice! I like the power up ;). When will you have batteries for your calc ???

Streetwalrus

Oh my, a flappy game. You are evil. Nice job at any rate. :)

alexgt

Well it definitely doesn't look as hard as flappy bird :P

Streetwalrus

Yeah indeed, but it does look fairly similar. :P

alexgt

The difference is that it has WALRII's ^.^

DJ Omnimaga

It seems like it looks harder than Flappy Bird :P