July 13, 2020, 01:20:50 pm

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WARNING: DO NOT UPGRADE your TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE to OS 5.5.1 and higher. It removes all compatibility with most games and removes ASM/C programming! DOWNGRADING IS IMPOSSIBLE. BE WARNED! Likewise, do NOT update your TI-Nspire CX past OS 4.5.0, else using Ndless and ASM/C programs will be impossible.

The future of Codewalrus

Started by DJ Omnimaga, December 05, 2015, 09:49:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetwalrus

Actually the current trend is to use plain colors instead of gradients. I love how CW looks, it looks modern but not too trendy, and the colors don't hurt my eyes. :P

DJ Omnimaga

Even with everywhere? :trollface:

But yeah no gradient is the trend now, as long as it's done right. Otherwise I don't really mind

Yuki

Current trend is Google's Material design, it looks pretty cool. Otherwise, anything flat does the job.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

DJ Omnimaga

From which site is that?? O.O

It reminds me of http://57o9.org/ (WARNING: SEIZURES!)

c4ooo

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

DJ Omnimaga

p4nix

Look in the post of alexgt, the picture he posted features Yvette :)

Snektron

Quote from: Juju on December 24, 2015, 08:28:19 pm
Current trend is Google's Material design, it looks pretty cool. Otherwise, anything flat does the job.

Actually, google's style of material design is called Quantum Paper.
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

December 25, 2015, 02:44:34 pm #55 Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 02:49:26 pm by DJ Omnimaga
So their plans is to eventually make their various websites only run properly on quantum computers? :trollface:
Quote from: p4nix on December 25, 2015, 08:22:51 am
Look in the post of alexgt, the picture he posted features Yvette :)
Ah right. My attention was too much focused on the bad design >.<

alexgt

And who the heck talks about them selves in the 3rd person xD

alexgt thinks those people are crazy :trollface:

DJ Omnimaga

Depends. Some people just wants to make it look like somebody else wrote the content for the person. In some cases I guess it can help, though, such as news articles, so that it doesn't sound like self-promotion when a program is released or biased.

Yuki

News articles are often written in the 3rd person because they're often written on behalf of the entire staff and/or the site itself.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DarkestEx

Quote from: Juju on December 24, 2015, 08:28:19 pm

Google material design is really awesome :)