The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Site slogans à la Minecraft

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 22, 2015, 05:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aeTIos

I think the site slogan should be changed instead of putting those random thoughts there. I was wondering if there was a way to make them pulse like in minecraft?
ceci n'est pas une signature

Streetwalrus

We can easily generate an image with the slogan hard-drawn in it.
And sure aeTIos, we can do gifs.

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah the thing is I actually thought about doing like TI-BANK and TI-Planet, who basically had a very short summary of what the site is about on every single page at the top. This would render a slogan useless
Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 13, 2015, 10:40:56 pm
We can easily generate an image with the slogan hard-drawn in it.
And sure aeTIos, we can do gifs.
That could work, assuming you mean that generating a copy of the current logo but with extra text added in it is feasible in PHP.

Streetwalrus

Juju

GD would work, either that or actually doing it à la Minecraft.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

I reccall there was a JS lib that allowed you to draw anywhere on the page without using a canvas. Maybe use that? I still feal that it should be done cleint side.

alexgt

Could @DarkestEx use the dynamic gif generator to pick a random thing and have it grow larger/ smaller?! The problem would be it changing every page refresh though <_<

DarkestEx

Quote from: alexgt on January 01, 2016, 05:57:54 am
Could @DarkestEx use the dynamic gif generator to pick a random thing and have it grow larger/ smaller?! The problem would be it changing every page refresh though <_<

No, that's perfectly fine if you want me to add that.