subscribe to codewalrus
Started by 123outerme, November 10, 2015, 08:42:03 pm
0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 08, 2017, 12:10:25 amMy grayscale idea was more to make the entire map gray and white and the character black. But during loading you would need one grayscale update command after every command so the file size would increase drastically (I think 49% of the Reuben Quest BASIC code is grayscale update commands and the other 51% is either map data or the rest of the code)
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 08, 2017, 02:23:57 amConsidering Reuben 1 xLIB ran at 4 FPS on 15 MHz calcs, I am sure that speed would not be a serious problem (sadly the xLIB version of Reuben never got completed), but again it depends of how well the game is programmed and the map engine features. Grayscale would require a complete rewrite of the map/event engine most likely (which we probably don't want at this point).
Quote from: xlibman on July 01, 2017, 02:10:41 pmThose new maps look very great and true to the original. The only downside is that the monochrome version is much shorter than the original since the maps are 12*8 instead of 20*15
Quote from: xlibman on July 02, 2017, 04:15:11 pmAh I see. Increasing the map size would have required changing some things in the middle due to being half of a screen
CodeWalr.us 2.0 © 2019, DJ Omnimaga & Juju
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 38 queries.