Alternatively, join us on Discord.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to join our Discord server or IRC channels

Started by DJ Omnimaga, December 05, 2014, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Well, so, drop it? Efnet seems fine at the moment and I'm not using Omninet neither, so...
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

DJ Omnimaga

By the way, the only issue I can see about EFnet is that sometimes, some servers are annoying and will not let you connect or will ban you for no reason, but there are 40+ EFnet servers available and there are always many that will let you connect. The other downside is the 9 characters nickname lenght. But Omnimaga channel stayed EFnet-only for almost 3 years before finally being relayed to an Omninet one and it wasn't that much of an issue. The only reason why I moved it from EFnet entirely in 2006-Early 2009 is because we lacked a botnet and knew nobody trustable enough to lend us one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, Casio fx-CG10, HP Prime, fx 1.0 Plus, fx-7400G Plus, fx-9750G Plus, fx-9860G, HP 39gII
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite

Yuki

Well yeah, Omninet has a Chanserv and half-ops and stuff, but who needs that when you have a good botnet?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

So yeah, I updated the first post. While the Omninet channel is still available for the time being, the post now only mentions EFnet and WalrusIRC.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, Casio fx-CG10, HP Prime, fx 1.0 Plus, fx-7400G Plus, fx-9750G Plus, fx-9860G, HP 39gII

DJ Omnimaga

Bump:

I updated the main post to include our secondary channels, since this topic is in the site navigation. This means #cw-anime, #cw-craft and #cw-spam. Of course anime talk is still allowed in #codewalrus, but we got a lot of anime fans so #cw-anime can get handy to avoid cluttering the main chat during busy times, plus it has the extra benefit of being on EFnet. #cw-craft is basically the Minecraft server chat and #cw-spam is a bot testing channel.

GalacticPirate

@Juju & DJ Omnimaga, were you really following the rules this morning at 9 ? :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

CVSoft

Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

DJ Omnimaga

Actually that would probably go in the CodeWalrus tools sub-forum (which is where WalrusIRC progress/downtime reports are posted), but let's poke @Juju about it

I gained the habit of always adding spaces after links a decade ago personally, though, because many IRC clients and shoutboxes, as well as forum softwares, thought that periods and stuff were parts of website links :P

aeTIos

Quote from: CVSoft on May 06, 2016, 04:35:42 AM
Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
Like DJ said, I'd work around this by adding a space. Many applications have space-terminated URL rules.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

You can also use that satanic regex someone on stackoverflow made. but i think urls only allow [a-zA-Z\-] anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aeTIos

Nah, they can have special characters. For example wikipedia urls often have ( ) in them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

Oh good point. Then its the fault of their IRC client :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

Now that you mention special characters, I guess it could be hard for juju to fix the issue first mentioned above, since this could cause URLs that have parentheses in them to not be completely parsed. I noticed this happened in some clients before. >.<

Yuki

Yeah, the thing with automatic URL parsing, some special characters like () are legal in URLs so the client doesn't really know where to end.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Ti64CLi++

If I want post a message in the chat, I must have posted five posts? That is true?
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CAS TouchPad, TI-Nspire CAS, TI-Nspire, TI-Voyage 200, TI-92 Plus, TI-89 Titanium, TI-89, TI-83 Premium CE, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-82 Advanced, TI-84 Pocket.fr, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-83 Plus.fr, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-76.fr, TI-36X Pro, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, TI-Collège Plus, TI-30X Pro MultiView, TI-30XS MultiView, TI-30XB MultiView, TI-30 XB MultiView
Administrateur de Tout 82
Sur TI Planet depuis Août 2014, rédacteur depuis Août 2015Donnez moi un Internet : c'est gratuit et ne prends pas beaucoup de tempsAdministrateur de Life Game World