January 18, 2020, 01:57:52 am

News:

The account sign-up bug has been fixed.

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(split) CodeWalrus Minecraft Server

Started by brentmaas, October 12, 2015, 12:56:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah Worldedit can be a pain when we forget to set coordinates. This is why I prefer using //copy instead of //cut then only remove stuff once I am sure it pasted correctly.

Snektron

Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

c4ooo

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 09, 2016, 02:33:05 pm
you can always use //undo though

Until it crashes the server :P That's why the pong machine had to be rebuilt <.<

DJ Omnimaga

It's weird that some large edits of 200000 blocks work fine, yet walking around from chunk to chunk can disconnect us. :P

I think it has a bit to do with juju's ISP and how much his Internet is used besides the server.

Snektron

Quote from: c4ooo on February 09, 2016, 09:02:03 pm
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 09, 2016, 02:33:05 pm
you can always use //undo though

Until it crashes the server :P That's why the pong machine had to be rebuilt <.<

Then you shouldnt be making enourmous changes to the terrain, and split your command up in parts :P
(worldedit should do this internally too actually)

DJ Omnimaga

Snektron

yeah worldedit doesnt spread the work over multiple ticks, but if it should (thats what i meant)

aeTIos

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 09, 2016, 10:15:47 pm
yeah worldedit doesnt spread the work over multiple ticks, but if it should (thats what i meant)

@Cumred_Snektron FTFY
ceci n'est pas une signature

DJ Omnimaga

So there was some activity today on the server, mainly Caleb1997 who did fireworks (non-destructive, of course), and there are now elemental buildings there:

c4ooo

Nice! I have not been on the server the past month (or on CW the past week ) <_<

DJ Omnimaga

Well i think today was the first time in 2 weeks that someone joins the server. Blame school :P

Juju

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

By the way @Juju is it me or the web page is down right now?

Juju

It's down, for some reason. Stupid finnicky router.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

February 27, 2016, 03:14:15 am #344 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:29:52 am by DJ Omnimaga
Yay it's back up now. :D

Also now the elemental buildings are taller and I think the town will probably start expanding in that area (it was gonna happen sooner or later anyway). But basically, now the Earth building has a grass field in the middle courtyard, the wind building has a glass floor with emptiness below, the water building has a pool and the fire building has a lava pit.

EDIT: Also @c4ooo I just found a secret passage in your big white temple O.O