* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Is It possible to program buttons to move cursor on screen ?  (Read 827 times)

Offline mrhoola

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Is It possible to program buttons to move cursor on screen ?
« on: September 27, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »
I dont know how to program an inspire nor do I know if the following is possible

Is it possible to program the Ti Nspire Cx CAS's numeric keys 2,4,6,8 to move the cursor (down, left, right , up) on the screen while holding the control button ? I think it will make it more comfortable to maneuver in scratch pad . It also seems more convenient and less time consuming. It would make me very happy if it were possible , Thank you very much for taking the time to read this !! :)

Offline Streetwalrus

• Professional slacker
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Server Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • Post Rating Ratio: +19/-0
  • ƎW∀⅁ ƎH⊥
    • View Profile
It's possible with ndless, I wouldn't do it myself though as I'm not really interested in hacking around with the OS (I don't even use my nspire except for one project anyway). Other devs like @Vogtinator should know more than me about this.
  • Calculators owned: TI-80, HP 40G, TI-84 Plus rev G (yay 128k RAM), TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (broken LCD), TI-82 Stats.fr (black), TI-Nspire CX rev C (yay Nlaunchy), TI-83+ SE ViewScreen

Offline mrhoola

• New User
    • View Profile
Ok . Thanks !

Offline Vogtinator

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +4/-0
  • Instruction counter
    • @UCii1mkxAsrIGvjFwS80YSmg
    • /u/Vogtinator
    • Vogtinator
    • ../../../cgi-bin/acct-view.cgi?userid=87663#
    • View Profile
Yes, it is definitely possible with ndless. For usb HIDn four syscalls were integrated into the SDK, get_event, send_key_event, send_click_event and send_pad_event.
If you hook the keyboard scan routine and send a pad_event, it should work fine. It's fairly tricky to get hooks working correctly, so it's definitely something you need some nspire-related programming experience for.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

Offline mrhoola

• New User
    • View Profile
Alright. Thanks.   Does sound quite intricate. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:22:33 am by mrhoola »

Offline mrhoola

• New User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:44:08 pm by mrhoola »

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games