March 28, 2020, 09:09:50 am

News:

Juju thinks he's so clever by putting funny stuff here

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CWick Contest #1: 140 characters

Started by Juju, September 24, 2015, 04:39:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which entry is your favourite?

brentmaas
0 (0%)
Ivoah
3 (50%)
SJCubed
2 (33.3%)
utz
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 10, 2015, 08:07:26 pm

Juju

Woo, we have at least 3 contestants, after all ^_^

Told ya, it don't have to be really fancy.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

Awesome. I thought the contest already ended so I didn',t think there would be any more entries.

semiprocoder

Wow this is so surprising. How did ou guys manage to cram something into 140 bytes, cause I just couldn't. Of course it is easier in ti basic but still.
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

SiphonicSugar

Ah man! I forgot completely about this! I keep wanting to do it but I get distracted!
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Streetwalrus

Quote from: semiprocoder on September 30, 2015, 08:08:13 pm
Wow this is so surprising. How did ou guys manage to cram something into 140 bytes, cause I just couldn't. Of course it is easier in ti basic but still.

The problem with Nspire lua is that you have to provide a lot of functions to be able to do anything and just the names take space already. In non event-based languages you just feed commands into it. Also TI basic has the advantage of having tokens which condense several characters into one or two bytes.

By the way I was wondering, how would you count asm written with an hex editor ? :trollface:

Juju

October 01, 2015, 04:17:17 pm #65 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 04:21:37 pm by Juju
Asm by itself is tokenized directly into a binary.

Also, the contest came to its end (today at 12:00pm EST because of some confusion over the end time and I wasn't there at midnight to officially close the contest), thanks for participating! I'll count the results in the next few days and announce the results and another fun contest soon!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

semiprocoder

Will it be a poll we can vote on for the best program?

Juju

Oh, that would be a good idea. Looking at that after I looked at the entries and judged them.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

SJCubed

I would like to try out other people's entries as well :) Provided I can run it >.<

semiprocoder

Yeah hopefully no ti 84 plus cse or ce programs cause I don't have those.

DJ Omnimaga

Juju

October 03, 2015, 06:30:34 pm #71 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:06:17 pm by Juju
Four of them. Not bad.

By the way I'm streaming stuff right now on here, please join: http://twitch.tv/juju2143

EDIT: Thanks for joining the stream, the entries are here, you can now vote in the OP for which entry you prefer and the results will be announced on CWick Contest #2!
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Nice actually. I didn't have time to join the stream, unfortunately, but I'll check the entries soon. :)

Juju

October 03, 2015, 08:19:21 pm #73 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:52:27 pm by Juju
The recording is on my Twitch channel and soon on YouTube.

EDIT:
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

DJ Omnimaga

Cool! You should put it in the first post :) When the results are out you could make a news showing them and the video, and a link to this thread, saying stay tuned for future contests. Try to space the contests out, though (eg not every week)