The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CWick Contest #1: 140 characters

Started by Juju, September 24, 2015, 04:39:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which entry is your favourite?

brentmaas
0 (0%)
Ivoah
3 (50%)
SJCubed
2 (33.3%)
utz
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 10, 2015, 08:07:26 pm

Unicorn

I wonder how many bytes a real( command is. I have an idea, but its more of a util for the cse :/ I need to think of a game thing.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

I think 140 was choosen in reference to how limited the Twitter's 140 character limit can be.

Also like Code Golf, I think success lies a bit into which language you choose. Some specific languages might be more suitable for this particular contest, such as TI-83+ BASIC.

Juju

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 28, 2015, 03:13:19 am
I think 140 was choosen in reference to how limited the Twitter's 140 character limit can be.

Also like Code Golf, I think success lies a bit into which language you choose. Some specific languages might be more suitable for this particular contest, such as TI-83+ BASIC.
That was the point, yes.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

brentmaas

Am I the only one who has submitted something so far?
Lel I glitched Omni

Streetwalrus

Looks like it, there's nothing in the admin mailbox as far as I can tell.

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

semiprocoder

Yeah this size constraint is way too difficult for me, and I don't think many other people will be able to do something:(. At least I tried.

Also a suggestion for a future mini contest: This is just like the 4x3 challenge, except just make it widescreen, so 16:9 :)
Also maybe have a contest where everyone who is participating is paired up with someone else and they have to make as good of a game as the can together.
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Juju

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DJ Omnimaga

Juju you might want to make your contest a tad easier, because this is the 3rd contest you make (including two recent Code Golf contests) that you organize that don't get entries only because of the extremely high difficulty.

brentmaas

September 29, 2015, 07:16:36 am #54 Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:18:58 am by brentmaas
I submitted an entry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Could've done a second but that ended up a little bit malicious.
Lel I glitched Omni

SJCubed

When is the contest over? I might try it out if I have enough time to finish it

brentmaas

Quote from: SJCubed on September 29, 2015, 12:16:29 pm
When is the contest over? I might try it out if I have enough time to finish it
Thursday, if I remember correctly
Lel I glitched Omni

utz

submitz0r'd!  ;D
I'll be offline for a few days, so sorry if I don't participate in the discussion any further atm.

SJCubed

Submitted my entry!

It was actually pretty fun trying to figure out something that works under 140 bytes constraint :)

Edit: yay this was my 5th post, letting me use WalrusIRC!

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni