The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Amazing! I can't believe it actually still works :)

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah it still does. The only reasons why I stopped using it for a while is because 1) my PC kept shutting down randomly, so until I figure out what caused it I decided to keep its usage to a minimum, 2) my PC took too long to startup so I started removing stuff from the startup folder. 3) notifications appeared in Starcraft during the game, making me exit by accident when clicking there and 4) it minimizes in the taskbar instead of system tray.

But I might put the post notifier back in the startup folder soon.

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 13, 2016, 02:57:00 pm
Yeah it still does. The only reasons why I stopped using it for a while is because 1) my PC kept shutting down randomly, so until I figure out what caused it I decided to keep its usage to a minimum, 2) my PC took too long to startup so I started removing stuff from the startup folder. 3) notifications appeared in Starcraft during the game, making me exit by accident when clicking there and 4) it minimizes in the taskbar instead of system tray.

But I might put the post notifier back in the startup folder soon.

The source code is on GitHub and as you might be able to see there I not a single line of code that can cause shutdowns.
About start time and it being annoying, I am planning to add a silent (minimized) start option.
About games, feel free to disable the visual notifications. I can't do more about it I fear. You can keep audible notifications turned on so that you still know something new happened.
About the last thing, I am sorry, but I can't fix this, as I have kept the application working on Windows, Linux and Mac and most Linuxes don't implement the taskbar icon correctly. Not even windows really does (glitches).

DJ Omnimaga

Oh I didn't say the software could have caused it, but I suspected that my PC was using too much power, so I tried to keep it to a minimum, and the post notifier happens to use quite a lot when images are loaded. I think my old GPU caused the shutdowns, though, but it could also be my PSU.

Also a silent start would be a great idea :3=