Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Count the colours

Started by harold, September 03, 2015, 02:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harold

Simple, right? Just count the bands of different colours in this picture. Disregard compression artifacts. Do it visually (as in, don't inspect the numerical values of the pixels - that doesn't work anymore because jpg). Bands not near each other can be assumed to be of unequal colour (it's a rainbow).

I'll go first because OP: 37

TheMachine02

Mhhh 37 too  :P Some biband of color, but it is pretty much seeingable.

ben_g

I think I see 39. Is this a test to check your monitor calibration?

Snektron

Nah its an eye test. like if so see a low amount (like 20 or something) you have 2 different cones, around 30 three and 35+ four.
There are 39 total, so just subtract the number of doubles from it. Though i'm fairly sure it doesn't work at all.

Also fyi this test was already on 9gag an the like a few months ago :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

TheMachine02

Mhhhh four cones people must be girl (with one parent having daltonism) as I know so ...  :P   There is problem somewhere...

EDIT : and they see more color in yellow.

ben_g

Quote from: TheMachine02 on September 03, 2015, 03:20:29 PM
Mhhhh four cones people must be girl (with one parent having daltonism) as I know so ...  :P   There is problem somewhere...

My dad has daltonism, but as far as I know I'm not a girl :P Anyway, how could a test that checks for 4 colours even work on a monitor that only has 3 base colours?

TheMachine02

Yeah. It would need a 4 colors monitor  :P

Snektron

ben_g

Ivoah

• Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Yeah, im a bit colorblind too. Yet i can see like 36 colors.

novenary

Quote from: ben_g on September 03, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: TheMachine02 on September 03, 2015, 03:20:29 PM

My dad has daltonism, but as far as I know I'm not a girl :P Anyway, how could a test that checks for 4 colours even work on a monitor that only has 3 base colours?
Girls are less exposed to Daltonism/color blindness because the gene that causes it is a recessive gene on the X chromosome. Females have two, so they have a backup. I also know tetrachromats are mostly female for the same X chromosome reason but I forgot the exact explanation.

Anyway not counting the colors when I can see smooth gradients. :P

harold

Effectively it tests monitor calibration as well as your eyes of course, and old 6-bit LCDs would be at a significant disadvantage..

Also the test is probably bullc, but who cares right

novenary

Hehe yeah, the test is definitely bullc with jpeg compression.

Yuki

I count something like 40. But even without the bad JPEG compression artefacts, this test is bad and you should feel bad.

I recommend this test, which is way better: http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge (I got 0 once!)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here