Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The funny quote thread (NSFW)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 01, 2014, 06:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

Vijfhoek   | hi
Vijfhoek   | I hate hail
Vijfhoek   | I just had three tonnes of ice dumped on my head when cycling home
Juju         | Nature's Ice Bucket Challenge?
Juju, you just won the internet. ^___^
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I had this happen before but it was a very small rain storm and hail lasted about 1 minute max. It was definitively scary as kid since I was worried about getting hurt >.<

And when people get caught in the middle of a big rainstorm they often say they just took their shower :P

Funny quote, though XD
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

O.O

Quote<pic of injured aeTIos finger>

DJ: O.O D:
AeTIos: ok now it looks totally scary lol
DJ: yes
Juju: kind of
AeTIos: tlooks scarier than it is
DJ: Does it hurt or feel weird?
AeTIos: no but it sings
DJ: Wat
AeTIos: the hallelujah chorus
DJ: Lol
AeTIos: very loud
AeTIos: it's annoying as c
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Still singing. The people in train are creeped out by it.

Snektron

Is there a ceremony going on? (Maybe it's the train to the afterlife  O.O)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Next time, sing to them "What's going on" of 4 non blondes! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 03, 2015, 01:55:43 PM
Is there a ceremony going on? (Maybe it's the train to the afterlife  O.O)
It almost seems like someone did that one illicit substance with which you see things <_<

Snektron

It was in The Netherlands after all (Amsterdam pls y u do dis). Also i just realized, with the snow and all lately, i'm surprised the
trains are even going (for people outside of NL, the Dutch railway (NS) has a reputation of
having a 3hr delay with like a milimeter snow <_<).

Dream of Omnimaga

I was talking about aeTIos actually :P

Also wow, over here I think trains are still operating during mild snowstorms and through the winter. If Quebec public transit stopped working everytime we have snow on the ground, then Quebec would be paralyzed 4-6 months a year.

Yuki

Snow does not stop anything here. Unless it snows so much you can't see anything.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, even then, the worse that can happen are power outages, many car accidents, and in such cases, yes public transit can stop. And obviously, schools will close during any kind of snowstorm, ice storm or episode of extreme cold. Also, roads located in remote locations will usually close, so people cannot go to work. But I never saw a big city become in stalemate mode just from 2 inches of snow.

The worst is if a big freezing rain or ice storm occurs where there is 1 inch of freezing rain, in which case it can cripple the power grid and falling tree branches will block roads.

aetios

Recently there was a huge jam where the whole system that controls safety blocks, sign poles, rail switches etc completely glitched out... and it was around the busiest station in NL (utrecht). There weren't any trains for like 8 hours. and it didn't even snow :P

Snektron

Really? i did't notice anything. But then i don't really travel by train very often

Dream of Omnimaga

Last year Montreal metro kept stopping working every week or so for no reason.

aetios

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 08, 2015, 11:17:25 AM
Really? i did't notice anything. But then i don't really travel by train very often
Yeah, well, I commute to school every day so I get pretty much all disruptions on my route, and there's quite a bunch. Usually it's nowhere as bad as this one, though.