November 18, 2019, 09:45:39 am

News:

The account sign-up bug has been fixed.

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Some sprites by DJ Omnimaga

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 13, 2014, 12:30:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 13, 2015, 10:53:53 pm
The worst gotta be Youtube, though. WHen I open the main page, my browser freezes for 5 seconds while it loads my list of 1080 subscriptions in the sidebar. >.<

But that's youtube... (the app is even worse, they can't even make a stable version  >:()
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

I don't use the app as much anymore nowadays, since the mobile site does the job fine (in addition to letting me get the video URL easier)

Snektron

I use the app on my tablet (which i almost only use for youtube), but it crashes 50% of the time when i visit a channel <_<

DJ Omnimaga

I didn't post this before I believe. This is not very recent, though:

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The top right with the pseudo perspective looks gorgeous! ^p^

Snektron

alexgt

O.O that is awesome this is my favorite :)

DJ Omnimaga

Thanks. This one was an idea I had for the HP Prime in 2013.

alexgt

Like a side scrolling Mega-Man type game? I like the Islands in the background they add a lot if you picture it without them :)

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah it would most likely be a barebones Mega Man clone. However, given such project would be pretty big and that I only made one small HP Prime game so far (Tunnel clone), it could take a while before it happens. Also Super Walrii Land has more chances to be finished earlier than such game, although I am betting that I'll have an RPG or another smaller game done before any of those two games. :P

alexgt

Yeah I need to expand my game making genres, all of my games I am making now have had countless unfinished cousins when I was programming in Ti-Basic because of speed. I started working on one then it got too slow so I scrapped it and worked on another way to make it faster. Sight why did I not try other languages sooner :(

DJ Omnimaga

Well in my case I had no other choice than TI-BASIC because I had no computer early on, and as I have troubles adapting to changes, once I got more options it was already too late. Now I have troubles learning anything that isn't close enough to TI-BASIC. HP PPL is fine, though, but I didn't venture very far into it. And yeah I remember that many people scrapped their promising projects because Basic was just too slow for them.

alexgt

I had just started being interested with computers and the like when I got my first calc and I started with BASIC, like you though if a language is closer to basic I learn it much faster like HP PPL I learned most of it in a week or two though we are all still learning :P .  I am going to learn Java once my parents let me get a tablet <_< but I will still be very active on here with calc stuff :)

DJ Omnimaga

Hehe you can also share your java work with us, though :). But keep in mind Java is less and less compatible (eg most newer programs seems to run only with 1 specific version of Java) so fewer and fewer people might be able to run it. I hope you continue calc stuff anyway, though. :P

As for myself I did some Visual Basic shortly after learning TI-BASIC, but not as much because I couldn't affort to buy my own computer at home and at school we only used the computer lab about twice a week.

alexgt

Don't worry I will keep up calc programming I feel I owe my little Ti-84+ for the stuff I know now because without it I wouldn't have wanted to code because I could only do it at home on the computer... so then I got addicted to calcs :P. I will definitely post my Java projects here I just need to learn it and that will happen after school is out probably.