July 04, 2020, 02:22:39 pm

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WARNING: DO NOT UPGRADE your TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE to OS 5.5.1 and higher. It removes all compatibility with most games and removes ASM/C programming! DOWNGRADING IS IMPOSSIBLE. BE WARNED! Likewise, do NOT update your TI-Nspire CX past OS 4.5.0, else using Ndless and ASM/C programs will be impossible.

Some sprites by DJ Omnimaga

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 13, 2014, 12:30:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

Thanks :D. Ideally I like to stay true to the original, but that was a fast conversion. Some grass tiles would probably be edited so that corners look rounded when next to water. And an HD conversion would probably be interesting.

tr1p1ea

February 07, 2015, 04:51:43 am #46 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:09:47 am by tr1p1ea
I wasn't sure if there was a mockups thread but I remember there you posting some PRIZM mockup screenies on omni. I found a little xLIBC demo I did of them:

DJ Omnimaga

Woah that looks cool actually! O.O

You can create a mockups thread if you want by the way :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

DJ Omnimaga

I don't like low level languages. I stuck with BASIC since the start and it will stay this way.

Snektron

i do actually quite like low level languages :3
I don't know why, maybe because it seems like more of an achievement when
makeing something. Though i like high level languages too :)
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

C isn't that much a low level language, you made a game in a lower langague (Super Sonic Ball on Axe). But yeah, it's your choice. Maybe I should work on it...

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah i just could never get used to it. Blame me for getting too used to basic and being unable to adapt to changes. X.x

DJ Omnimaga

February 10, 2015, 02:33:28 am #53 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:41:28 am by DJ Omnimaga
This is not much, but here is what sprites for my parody game called Legand of Zelda: Sord of Atari could look like if the game was ported to the HP Prime. All fonts except the 7 are by tr1p1ea and the 7 from Pitfall on the 2600. Some fonts were modified to fit my needs:

DJ Omnimaga

I updated the ROL3 colored village maps on the previous page so that they fit in one screen, meaning 20x15 maps. I also updated the trees in the Ghost Village because it made no sense to have green leaves and grass in this post-apocalyptic year:

Snektron

Ooh i really like those actually. Well done :)

400th post. Im coming for you juju
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

Inb4 you become me :P

Thanks by the way :)

DJ Omnimaga

This is not really 100% my work since it's entirely based on Final Fantasy, but I took my Reuben Quest color window borders then scaled them up, then edited them without looking at FF borders. What is particular about them is that they use TI-OS colors, so they could probably be used with Celtic libs:

DJ Omnimaga

Guess from what game this is!

Also, those graphics were what I originally planned to put at the top of the screen in my Mana Force remake before I finally scrapped the idea in favor of an HUD:

And what this would have given on the screen:

The flame sprite was ripped from Illusiat 2004 title screen and converted to colors.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Noice. I guess you could have put random thongs like tips or map's name but this banner looks quite good!