The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

A wrapper for TI's JavaScript-based z80/eZ80 emulators

Started by Adriweb, July 04, 2015, 11:42:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriweb

Oh, yeah, definitely. But... that becomes the user's problem, then :P
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

DarkestEx

Quote from: Adriweb on July 06, 2015, 03:02:51 am
I believe you still need to go through the installer, which makes you accept the license if you want to install it ;)

7zip is often able to extract the contents of exe and msi installers.
I will try it.

DJ Omnimaga

Yeah I remember trying that with exe files before and it seemed to work, although not all the time. It depends of what's in it and the format.

Unicorn

7zip can extract .img files... I expect it can to the same with .exe

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

By the way, I don't know if this emulator is compatible with Chromium and Opera 30, but I cannot get it to work in the latter. It just displays two blank spaces, even after following instructions in the multiple readmes. I don't know if I am missing anything. Could this be my svg path being wrong? (It asked me to replace some text with that)

xhr.open("GET", "skins\TI83PCE_SmartView_Standard.svg", true); // Point to the skin file you want to use (watch out for CORS issues)

Snektron

August 03, 2015, 01:09:40 am #20 Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:12:07 am by Cumred_Snektron
TI smartview in made in java, meaning it's fairly easy to extract required files. That is, if they didn't pack it in some weird way / the installer doesnt pack it in some weird way. Ofcourse, since it's java, you can modify code too... (With the right tools)(and you're willing to break TI's agreement)
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Adriweb

August 09, 2015, 11:20:52 pm #21 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 04:09:19 am by DJ Omnimaga
Since posts got lost... here's a copy/paste from TI-Planet about v2 (even though it's 2.1 internally now)

New major version (v2) !
  • You do not have to extract/dig in TI's jar file anymore and move/copy files around, just drag&drop the one .jar file on the wrapper, and that's all!
  • Minor improvements to the CSS
  • Bugfixes related to event handling in general
  • Better compatibility with Firefox and Safari
  • Some code cleanup

Source code: https://github.com/TI-Planet/ti_jsemu_wrapper
Online demo: https://ti-planet.github.io/ti_jsemu_wrapper/demo/

EDIT (DJ) removed deprecated [youtube] tag

DJ Omnimaga

Thanks for the repost. I'll make sure to check again because I don't remember which version I tested.

Adriweb

The current one improves CSS stuff and responsiveness, but still not the zoom resize (yet) :P

DJ Omnimaga

Aaah right, so that's the version I tried last time. Good luck adding the new features :)

Unicorn

Indeed, though I still need to get smartveiw... :0

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adriweb

Unicorn

Awesome! Maybe someone would like to take over and allow file transfers.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Very good Adriweb. The display now looks as crisp as jsTIfied and WabbitEmu for CSE. :)

Snektron

December 01, 2015, 11:21:15 pm #29 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:26:56 pm by Cumred_Snektron
I forked the project and added file loading :D
https://github.com/RobinDeWalvis/ti_jsemu_wrapper
(sorry no online demo)
It doesn't load archived variables, and i only tested programs but other types should work too.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that something goes wrong. It still needs some work...
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...