* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: TILP Won't Start Because of Missing Entry Point in DLL  (Read 926 times)

Offline catastropher

• Full User
  • Safe-haven access
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-0
    • catastropher
TILP Won't Start Because of Missing Entry Point in DLL
« on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »
Hi guys, I'm trying to get TiLP to work on Windows 7 64-bit, but I keep getting a popup that says "The procedure entry point g_assertion_message_expr could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, installing different version of TiLP, removing all other versions of GTK+, and installing Glade (as suggested in a post that it may be a path issue and Glade would resolve it). Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:17:32 am by DJ Omnimaga »

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Offline Juju

• aka Yuki Kagayaki aka J̵̭͕͇ù̞̭̝̯̦j̴̭̙̗͖͡ù͏͓̲̕
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Server Maintenance
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +27/-2
  • Couch potato
    • jul.savard
    • juju2143
    • @juju2143
    • juju2143
    • @julosoft
    • juju-kun
    • /u/juju2143
    • juju2143
    • Juju's shed
  • WalriiPoints: 99999
Heard you have to install a specific version of GTK+, guess you'll want to ask @Lionel Debroux.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Online Lionel Debroux

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-0
    • debrouxl
    • 58/5891
AFAICT, TILP works with the 2.24.x runtime at http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gtk-win/GTK+%20Runtime%20Environment/GTK+%202.24/gtk2-runtime-2.24.8-2011-12-03-ash.exe .

And indeed, the Windows platform's DLL loader's limitations can cause all kinds of wrong behaviour if multiple applications using different versions of the GTK+ runtime (or in fact, anything else) are running concurrently on a given computer.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Offline catastropher

• Full User
  • Safe-haven access
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-0
    • catastropher
Thanks! Unfortunately I was unable to get it to work even with that version of GTK+ :( I'll just install TilP on my Linux box and transfer my stuff from there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games