August 15, 2020, 04:31:06 am

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WARNING: DO NOT UPGRADE your TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE to OS 5.5.1 and higher. It removes all compatibility with most games and removes ASM/C programming! DOWNGRADING IS IMPOSSIBLE. BE WARNED! Likewise, do NOT update your TI-Nspire CX past OS 4.5.0, else using Ndless and ASM/C programs will be impossible.

Game of pig or some other animal. [CSE]

Started by Unicorn, July 02, 2015, 05:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

July 02, 2015, 05:30:23 pm Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:53:29 pm by Unicorn
Well, as a break from MoneyWalrii, I am making the game of pig, link to explanation soon. I have the opening scene done; as seen in the video.

Oh yeah, and the background noise is a Marx brothers movie ;D

Link to game: http://cs.gettysburg.edu/projects/pig/piggame.html

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Awesome!

I thought the background noise was coming from the calc O.O

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

So since all the video shows is an animation for a title screen, mind explaining what this game is about and what has been programmed so far?

Unicorn

July 03, 2015, 01:33:07 pm #4 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:53:05 pm by Unicorn
Title screens about it, but I'm going to try to post a link to an explaination, as I don't have copy paste readily available :(

EDIT: Link: http://cs.gettysburg.edu/projects/pig/piggame.html

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Ah I see. Thanks.  So it's more like a dice/guessing/board game?

Unicorn

Yeah, I'm gonna spice it up to make it look nice with xlibc and such. ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

It would be interesting to see some graphics integrated in it, so it won't be just another clone of WFRNG v1.0000069

Unicorn

Yeah, I wanted to make up for simpleness with graphics. Anyways, the whole start animation is done and dice rolling is next. Its gonna besimple :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

On a side note, is the game only known as Game of Pig? Because if it can easily be recognized under a different but similar name, then you could rename it to Game of Walrus and have :walrii: in it.

Also while graphics are good, if you're doing a simple game I would recommend avoiding making it oversized. For example, a guessing game should probably not take 10 KB of memory if it's gonna be like the ones on ticalc.org. :P I doubt anyone wants to waste 10 KB of archive just for a guessing game :P

Unicorn

But its not a guessing game... Anyways, it shouldn't take up to much space, as the game mechanics are simple.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Unicorn

Ok, anyways, I have the two player game starting to work.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Is it possible to play vs an AI too?

Unicorn

I am going to try to implement that, it probably won't be too hard. Anyways, the two player part of the game is done :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???