Alternatively, join us on Discord.

WalrusIRC is down? Please complain here!

Started by DJ Omnimaga, June 16, 2015, 03:30:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Omnimaga

June 16, 2015, 03:30:57 am Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:03:19 pm by Juju
Any idea why WalrusIRC is down right now?

Unicorn

Illooommynaaatyy. They have inflitrated our servers. :P

I don't know, I just got back from camping. :D

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Juju

That's why it's useful to have at least 2 server admins in 2 different timezones, in case one of them can't get on Internet to fix it. That and/or an autorestart script.

(By the way, whether WIRC is down or something, please post in this thread instead of creating a new thread.)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Maybe rename thee title to something like "WIRC downtime reports" or something like that
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Streetwalrus

I restarted the server when I woke up. Thing is it doesn't completely crash so it won't automatically restart. I don't know why it breaks. Used to allow restarting omnom without restarting wirc too.

DJ Omnimaga

My post was actually in the other thread last night, but then I decided to split it into a separate thread since I figured it might be better to have a separate downtime thread to avoid cluttering the other.

And I see, that might explain it. I noticed some lag when loading the forums last night so I might have tried to access the site while the reboot occured. But yeah the WIRC downtime occured immediately afterward. At first I thought it was because the line I sent was way too long but that would have been weird.

Streetwalrus

Reboot ? Last time we rebooted was 3 months ago. :P

DJ Omnimaga

You just said you restarted the server a night ago, and now one post later you say you restarted it three months ago? /me is confused ???

Juju

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

DJ Omnimaga

Ah that might explain it. I always have the idea in mind that everything hosted on this VPS is just one server, as opposed to separate ones for WIRC, CW, other files, etc.

Juju

Yeah, the thing is, everything is called "server", as in, processes that serves something over the Internet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Streetwalrus

Yeah, if we were to reboot the actual vps we'd say reboot, while restart is just for processes usually. :P

DJ Omnimaga

@Streetwalrus @Juju WalrusIRC image uploader no longer works. When I drag and drop a GIF file in there it no longer does anything. It worked yesterday

Streetwalrus

Woops, I screwed up permissions, all fixed now. :P