February 20, 2020, 03:11:12 am

News:

Juju thinks he's so clever by putting funny stuff here

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

ColorZ - Web & TI-84+CSE

Started by unknownloner, May 26, 2015, 11:23:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

unknownloner

May 26, 2015, 11:23:22 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:01:11 pm by unknownloner
GAME
Web: http://z80.ukl.me/colorz/
TI-84+CSE: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1319

INSTRUCTIONS
http://z80.ukl.me/colorz/readme.html

WALKTHROUGH IF YOU GET STUCK

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
Maze game based on colors. More info soon. First version will be browser based, will also have a 84+CSE version (in BASIC probably).

EDIT: Screenshot testing some of the game mechanics

[

/)

DJ Omnimaga

Cool. I wish you good luck to finish it in time :). Do you plan to add special stuff like keys?

unknownloner

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 27, 2015, 12:28:19 am
Cool. I wish you good luck to finish it in time :). Do you plan to add special stuff like keys?

What do you mean by keys

/)

unknownloner

Added an early WIP screenshot

/)

DJ Omnimaga

Oh I meant to open doors and go further in the maze. Also looks nice so far for 4x3. :)

Unicorn

Looks cool! Will there be a story line or something of the sort?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

unknownloner

Walk through of the game in it's current form. Game-finish screen isn't implemented yet, and the map isn't necessarily final either (duh). Obviously since it's a puzzle game watching this will spoil some of the puzzles but if you're interested, click the spoiler.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I go quickly, so if you miss something you might have to re-watch part of it. Some of it is easier to understand when you're actually playing the game yourself though.

/)

alexgt

Awesome I hope you finish in time :)

DJ Omnimaga

Nice, I definitively can't wait to try it. :)

unknownloner

Entry submitted, I'll post a public link for people to play it tomorrow after the deadline's up

/)

Snektron

Awesome :D i can't wait to play :D
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

Do you mind if I host a copy of the game after the deadline is over on djomnimaga.codewalr.us? That way when/if your server experiences downtimes people are guaranteed to have  a working alternative to play your game. Does it require installing special stuff on the server, though?

unknownloner

@DJ Omnimaga I can provide you a zip file containing only the files needed to host the game. Just tell me where to send it. I didn't include them in my entry submission because they aren't the source files and I didn't want them to get confused with the source files (although there are instructions on how to make them yourself if you're feeling adventurous :P ).

/)

DJ Omnimaga

You can send them to the same address I guess. I'll upload them to my disk space.