The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Unexpected downtime - Streetwalrus commits harakiri

Started by Streetwalrus, May 25, 2015, 10:34:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetwalrus

So yeah, mysql update temporarily blocked access to the db, it's back up now.

Damn, that was the scare of my life. ._.

And no I didn't really commit harakiri, I couldn't write this post otherwise. :P

Snektron

/blame-streetwalrus

Anyway im happy you and juju fixed it :)
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Juju

You can thank Juju the ultimate savior of everything. :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Streetwalrus

Yes thank you Juju-senpai.
* Streetwalrus huggles Juju

DJ Omnimaga

THat was a bit scary x.x, but thanks a lot. Do you know why this happened? I know in the past we used to use HHVM instead of PHP and it screwed everything up.

Also what is a senpai? Is it related to Sentai and that other similar word that shall not be named on a PG-rated forum? :P

Streetwalrus

Apparently some weird permission error, we had to reset the root account access.

And senpai = uperclassman or something.

Juju

Streetwalrus here upgraded MariaDB which made the root account go misconfigured for some reason, then we probably screwed it up even more, then we unscrewed it up, well that was quite the ride.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Streetwalrus

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Cool to read that you easily got the problem, DJ almost had a panic attack and Street got into a corner to cry. Mwelp.

Juju

Meanwhile, in my room...
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

DJ Omnimaga

I was actually pretty calm Eiyeron but that might have been due to being busy eating and stuff. I was a bit worried something would break even more, though, since that can happen with softwares. >.<

DarkestEx

DJ Omnimaga

Do you mean spending 2 hours trying to find a problem, only to realize the computer was unplugged? :P

Unicorn

Oh, my gosh, that's from airplane 1. Mucho funny movie.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???