The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

June 08, 2015, 05:30:10 pm #60 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:54:11 pm by DarkestEx
And don't forget to check my project page, which features a more detailed instruction, for how to install it on  Windows and Linux.

Unicorn

June 08, 2015, 05:46:04 pm #61 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:20:35 pm by Unicorn
Will do :)

EDIT: I tested it out, and have fully customized it, just it seems like it doesn't notice the posts until 3-45 seconds later. Is there a reason for that?

Also, when the notification pops up, the author's name has the bottom quarter cut off.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Screenshot of the customized niceness.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Oh nice. I also like the colours you used :) though the cw ones are better :P

Unicorn

We all have an opinion don't we.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: Unicorn on June 08, 2015, 05:46:04 pm
EDIT: I tested it out, and have fully customized it, just it seems like it doesn't notice the posts until 3-45 seconds later. Is there a reason for that?

Also, when the notification pops up, the author's name has the bottom quarter cut off.

Ah, awesome :D
Yes, there's an interval setting which is normally set to 50 seconds. Also the data is cached on the server to keep the load away from CodeWalrus servers.
In theory I could lower it (the cache time is 45 seconds currently), if DJ and Juju allow that.

Oh, please send me a screenshot of the little notification window and I'll fix that cut-off bug (I did not see it before, but I can still try ;)).

DJ Omnimaga

June 09, 2015, 02:50:57 pm #67 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:53:17 pm by DJ Omnimaga
Quote from: Unicorn on June 08, 2015, 10:50:30 pm
Screenshot of the customized niceness.

Despite my eyes burning from the green text on pink, what caught my attention the most was those :walrii: in your task bar :P

Also DarkestEx you should make a screenshot of the notifier where one of the post has Walrii in it :P

EDIT: By the way, something I noticed in the post notifier is that images are stretched up. For example, the screenshot above is larger in height.

alexgt

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 09, 2015, 02:50:57 pm
Also DarkestEx you should make a screenshot of the notifier where one of the post has Walrii in it :P

EDIT: By the way, something I noticed in the post notifier is that images are stretched up. For example, the screenshot above is larger in height.

Yeah, I should do.

About the stretching, yeah, I saw that too. I still need to fix it. It's an easy fix though and only involves changing the default CSS code.
You can btw. customize the body's html completly over the style settings.
The post content is embedded with the <post> tag.

DJ Omnimaga

That is nice. :D I personally will most likely leave things as is, but maybe people could post custom designs once the app is finished.

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 09, 2015, 06:57:50 pm
That is nice. :D I personally will most likely leave things as is, but maybe people could post custom designs once the app is finished.

Yeah, that would be awesome :D
To share it, just copy the settings.json or its contents and you're ready to go :)

alexgt

Awesome :), now I need time to install it :P

Snektron

DarkestEx

Good news for y'all!
The notifier is now way faster with new post updates.
Server side, the data is now only cached for 15 seconds (thanks Juju for allowing it  :thumbsup:) instead of 45 so new post should be retrieved a lot faster now.
You don't need to download another version, but just go to the settings and change the update interval to 10 seconds.