The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CodeWalr.us Post Notifier [Windows] [Mac] [Linux]

Started by DarkestEx, May 17, 2015, 09:12:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Great! I actually don't know if the mobile version has sound... i should check that. I also should finish it up and release it >.<
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Laziness is man's way to think he has stuff under control :P

DarkestEx

It's done  ;D
The Notifier is now in Beta. All functions are working and implemented. Now we only need to test it.

DarkestEx

As the Notifier is now in testing Beta, here's how you can all try it:

First download https://github.com/muessigb/CodeWalrii-Notifier/archive/master.zip to your computer and extract it.
Then go to the src-client/CodeWalriiNotify/bin/Release folder in the extracted folder.

Now make sure Mono and GTK# is installed:
On Windows, make sure .NET Framework >= 4 is installed and you have to install the GTK# redist package: http://download.xamarin.com/GTKforWindows/Windows/gtk-sharp-2.12.26.msi
On Linux, make sure mono-complete or similar is installed (you need the whole framework including GTK#).
On Mac, I dunno; but something with mono too :P

Then open the CodeWalriiNotify.exe by either:
typing in the Linux shell: mono CodeWalriiNotify.exe
or just double clicking the CodeWalriiNotify.exe in Windows.

Have fun :D

DJ Omnimaga

Awesome! I downloaded it and will try it soon. :)

I also moved both notifier topics to the CodeWalrus Tools sub-forum (renamed from WalrusIRC)

Unicorn

Awesome! I hope I can figure out how to indtall it... Not that it will be hard . ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on June 08, 2015, 07:49:14 am
Awesome! I hope I can figure out how to indtall it... Not that it will be hard . ;)

Awesome, and ^same :P

Ivoah

Think you'll ever port this to iOS?

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:37:33 pm

I probably don't have to say you that this is the PC version, which is written in C# and GTK. So no way to port it sadly.

Ivoah

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 08, 2015, 04:38:30 pm

I probably don't have to say you that this is the PC version, which is written in C# and GTK. So no way to port it sadly.

I don't think the C# would have been an issue, but yeah, no GTK on iOS. What was the android version written in?

Snektron

June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 pm #55 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:44:41 pm by Cumred_Snektron
Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo (I understand they want to keep the crapp apps out of the app store but still)

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:39:38 pm
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 08, 2015, 04:38:30 pm

I don't think the C# would have been an issue, but yeah, no GTK on iOS. What was the android version written in?

In Android flavored Java, by Cumred.

Ivoah

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 pm
Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo

Yeah, the dev prices are pretty high :(

DarkestEx

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:43:20 pm
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 08, 2015, 04:42:25 pm
Java :) I won't port that either sadly, neither Brent, TheCoder or me have a mac and also 200$ / year for dev is a bit too much imo

Yeah, the dev prices are pretty high :(

But yeah. We have a notifier now for almost all useful modern platforms, including Android, Linux, Windows and Max OS X and the WalrusIRC post notifications.
That's way more than any other tech forum  ;D

Snektron

Well, i got to finish up the android notifier (especially since the project needs to be done in like 3 days :P) first