September 22, 2019, 04:23:19 am

News:

what is this news thing for anyway



Alternatively, join us on Discord.

3x4 Pxl Shooters

Started by Haobo, May 12, 2015, 09:59:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Haobo

Kinda late to the party here, just heard about the contest yesterday, so must hurry and catch up. :P
Going to make a shooter type game and stuff, enemies, blah blah blah.
Hopefully I can get everything done before the deadline.
(also, if someone can delete the account made right before this one, didn't want to use gmail)
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

Unicorn

Sounds good Haobo! Welcome to CW! go introduce yourself in the oftopic indroductionns thread!



??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Heya Haobo and welcome to the forums. Are you the author of Five Nights at Freedy 84+? Because that game looks absolutely great. :)

I hope you can manage to make something before the deadline. A shooter seems like it could be an interesting idea. Good luck!

Your other account was removed by the way so it should be fine. :)

Haobo

Thanks for the support! I already started making the basic guidelines for how the shooter will go. Normally, I work with extremely complicated graphics, so this contest is real new for me, to limit it so much.
Anyway, here's a start gif, has a few visual glitches due to the emu, but it works ok.



You are a white dot.
There are controls to launch bombs and to shoot laser stuff. Hopefully can add enemies and other stuff.

Btw, was working on an update for Five nights at freddy's, but with this contest coming up and some issues with another program, it might take a while. Actually, the only thing left is to combine my appvars so it'll be easier to download, just that I don't know how to use spasm. So if someone can help with that...
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

Unicorn

Looks good! Will there be powerups to? I know, there is a small board, but you never know..  :w00t:



??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Haobo

Actually, yeah, I was going to add powerups if I got there, but the main parts come first.
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: Haobo on May 12, 2015, 11:01:03 pm
Thanks for the support! I already started making the basic guidelines for how the shooter will go. Normally, I work with extremely complicated graphics, so this contest is real new for me, to limit it so much.
Anyway, here's a start gif, has a few visual glitches due to the emu, but it works ok.



You are a white dot.
There are controls to launch bombs and to shoot laser stuff. Hopefully can add enemies and other stuff.

Btw, was working on an update for Five nights at freddy's, but with this contest coming up and some issues with another program, it might take a while. Actually, the only thing left is to combine my appvars so it'll be easier to download, just that I don't know how to use spasm. So if someone can help with that...
Ooh that looks nice. :D GOod luck with your contest entry (and the FNaF update).

A suggestion for the contest entry: Wouldn't it be better to have the ship to the left? In most space shooters, your ship is either at the bottom or to the left.

Snektron

Ohh cool idea :) i hope there will be enough space to see the enemies coming though
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...


Haobo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 13, 2015, 05:04:09 am
A suggestion for the contest entry: Wouldn't it be better to have the ship to the left? In most space shooters, your ship is either at the bottom or to the left.


I was going to make it from the left, but it seemed easier to code and I wanted it to be a different perspective. Of course, if it really is too much of a problem, easy change.

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 13, 2015, 01:38:55 pm
Ohh cool idea :) i hope there will be enough space to see the enemies coming though


Enemies are going to come as abruptly as possible to make the game harder, though they will move slowly so it's still winnable. :P
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

DJ Omnimaga

You could make them appear faster and faster?

Haobo

So then... almost to the deadline, and game is hardly close to a well made one, but I got some content and levels to play. Well, at least I can get it in on time. and hopefully it's actually going to be playable :P. Anyway, I might be able to finish this barely on time if I work hard nuff. Levels though will just be faster enemies, more health for them, faster blasters for them as well.
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

DJ Omnimaga

Ouch. I wish you good luck to make the deadline. Hopefully you can make it. :) It doesn't have to be 100% complete but it has to be playable (and to ensure a good score, not be riddled with thousands of bugs). I can't wait to play it when you submit it :)

Also congrats again on the 2nd place at Cemetech contest. I unfortunately didn't have time to play your entry yet because I often play calc games in the darkness nowadays before bed time, so as a result I almost exclusively use backlit screen calcs :P

Haobo

Well definitely, the one I submitted to cemetech would be better cause I had nothing else to do at that time, unlike now :P. And I would suggest not playing it, it still causes me pain just thinking about that game... completely unoptimized and the time it took me to draw each sprite one by one... (plus, it lags on certain levels and I don't think the last one is even possible to win)
can't save
Flappy Bird Slow scrolling
2048 Crashes sometimes
Five Nights at Freddy's Very large

Unicorn

Quote from: Haobo on May 29, 2015, 06:28:07 am
Well definitely, the one I submitted to cemetech would be better cause I had nothing else to do at that time, unlike now :P. And I would suggest not playing it, it still causes me pain just thinking about that game... completely unoptimized and the time it took me to draw each sprite one by one... (plus, it lags on certain levels and I don't think the last one is even possible to win)


I have to take this opportunity and say that you really shouldn't downplay your games in your signature. If you entry got second place, I bet its pretty good. ;)



??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

I agree with Unicorn, plus wasn't there some pseudo 3D in it? :P

Powered by EzPortal