Alternatively, join us on Discord.

HP Prime Projects

Started by alexgt, April 17, 2015, 06:36:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

You can try, but that probably requires quite complex matching. You'll probably be even better of making your own language :P
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on August 19, 2015, 11:53:28 am
I could make it part of the SIFS program editor that when you exit it inserts semi colons where it is needed :).
That could work too. Just make sure it won't insert them when unwanted, though, such as after sprite data.

alexgt

^Yeah it is more complex than it seems, I will probably start on the editor next week then I will definitly see how hard it will be O.O

DJ Omnimaga

Good luck theb. Hopefully it won't be too hard. >.<

That reminds me, would syntax coloring be too slow?

alexgt

Not to slow the only problem I am facing is how to figure out where to place the cursor with touch gestures <_<

Unicorn

Great to see progress on sifs, hopefully it won't be toooo hard to get working :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

It will definitly be a great challenge I just hope I am not to stupid when I try and squish bugs xD

Unicorn

What kind of bugs? Moths? :trollface:

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Probably radioactive c***roaches O.O

Unicorn

What?And about the touch, maybe make is very presice when holding it down?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on August 23, 2015, 11:44:52 pm
Not to slow the only problem I am facing is how to figure out where to place the cursor with touch gestures <_<
You could simply divide the clicked location by the amount of pixels in height that each line of text takes? Basically, if the editor shows 16 lines of text at once then divide the touchscreen gesture value by 16. That way it will place the cursor where you want.

Quote from: alexgt on August 27, 2015, 02:43:02 pm
Probably radioactive c***roaches O.O
There's actually a movie involving radioactive c***roaches :P

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 01, 2015, 02:29:48 am
Quote from: alexgt on August 23, 2015, 11:44:52 pm
You could simply divide the clicked location by the amount of pixels in height that each line of text takes? Basically, if the editor shows 16 lines of text at once then divide the touchscreen gesture value by 16. That way it will place the cursor where you want.

Quote from: alexgt on August 27, 2015, 02:43:02 pm
Probably radioactive cowroaches O.O
There's actually a movie involving radioactive cowroaches :P

Positioning the cursor onscreen isn't really the biggest challenge it is when I need to edit the string of code which is on one line there fore I would have to find how many extra characters I skipped forward or back.

also what did those roaches look like?!?!?!

DJ Omnimaga

Oh I see now. I hope you can find a workaround.

And the c***roaches in the movie looked similar but ate human flesh.

alexgt

Yeah, I have an Idea but it is not the most efficient <_<