Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

NHL Playoffs (ice hockey) + bracket challenge!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 13, 2015, 05:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah and the worst part about Seattle is that one of the arena project was in the suburbs. Look at what's happening with Ottawa, Sunrise (Florida) and Glendebt (Arizona) with their arenas located in the middle of nowhere. And trust me, I went to Ottawa Sens twice and when the game ends, the highway jams completely and the arena is very far from downtown.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Detroit is out :(

Oh well, I guess it was to be expected, considering they barely even managed to make the playoffs in the first place. At least there are still the Islanders and Panthers (I prefer the Isles but the Panthers have Jagr) and Stars/Wild that I'll surely be following a lot. The Caps vs Flyers series is interesting too, but darn the amount of shots on goal was one-sided tonight O.O

On a side note, I love those Dallas Stars home jerseys *.*
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Yeah, I'd like to see the Islanders (aren't they supposed to be bad?) or the Panthers (with Jagr, I think he's pretty much on his last seasons if he isn't keeping playing forever). (Drat, they're playing each other on first round, let's see who wins...)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

THe Isles were pretty much irrelevant most seasons since 1988 except a few, but in recent years they got better. THey haven't won a playoff series since 1993, though, and they now have an arena with horrible sight lines on one end of the ice (there are seats where you can't even see one of the goal).

As for Jagr I guess it depends. I bet he will retire if his performances decrease in the next seasons or so or if he gets injured. Maybe he will retire immediately after winning a cup like many players do, but again Gordie Howe played until he was 53 or so.

Yuki

Yeah, Jagr might just play as long as Howe, if he's not getting a serious injury that will end his career, with 26 seasons under his belt with the NHL and KHL he's not that far from Howe's legendary 32 seasons in the NHL and WHA.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

THe issue with injuries is that once a player suffers from certain of them, then they always come back later. Eg Carey Price's future might be uncertain if his injury starts coming back even after surgeries.. Also I didn't know that Jagr played for the KHL? ??? I guess I missed out on that part.

Yuki

Yeah, most injuries are easily recoverable, but some are kinda long to recover. Price took most of the season off, that was the problem with the Canadiens this season, they were playing well before he got injuried and other key players got injuried too. But I'm pretty sure once those players are back on track they'll play like before. And Jagr played 3 seasons in 2008-2011 in Russia before going back to the NHL.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

But sometimes, some injuries just re-appears over and over, like with Markov knee a while back.

Yuki

Damn, that was pretty close. That double post, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Holy hell! That was close!

Also while I don't care much about St-Louis, I am kinda happy that both them and the Sharks won. For the last 5 years, only Chicago and LA won the cup. Some changes is always good, especially with so many good teams around.

Now I hope the Isles can get past 2nd round. I won't hold my breath about the Preds but that's another team I would like to move past the 2nd round if they manage to beat Anaheim.

Yuki

Draft lottery results are out!

1. Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Winnipeg Jets
3. Columbus Blue Jackets
4. Edmonton Oilers
5. Vancouver Canucks
6. Calgary Flames
7. Arizona Coyotes
8. Buffalo Sabres
9. Montréal Canadiens
10. Colorado Avalanche
11. New Jersey Devils
12. Ottawa Senators
13. Caroline Hurricanes
14. Boston Bruins
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes! The leafs finally get first. Not that I particularly care about them that much, but they were very unlucky with the draft in the last decade or so. Hopefully they don't ruin their first choice like the Oilers kept doing. I'm also glad that Oilers didn't win. They won like 4 of the 6th last 1st picks. Also good to see the Jets up there. As for the Habs, I think they will be fine if Price comes back in healthy shape, otherwise their low drafting position could be costly for them.

Also this is off-topic, but still sports-related, the Can-Am baseball season starts soon. @Juju should come with me to one of the games vs the Japan team. :D

Yuki

Yep, looks like a nice draft order so far. We just hope no one messes up with their picks. For the record, Toronto drafted first only once in 1985 (Wendel Clark, who had a good career with the Leafs and also played for the Nordiques, among others).

Also I never really went to baseball and I'm not really a fan of this, but that would be pretty nice to come see one such game. The Japan team is coming to visit again this year?
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Yep they come back this year (June 21 to 23)r, and now we also get Cuba team.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN