August 04, 2020, 11:23:01 am

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WARNING: DO NOT UPGRADE your TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE to OS 5.5.1 and higher. It removes all compatibility with most games and removes ASM/C programming! DOWNGRADING IS IMPOSSIBLE. BE WARNED! Likewise, do NOT update your TI-Nspire CX past OS 4.5.0, else using Ndless and ASM/C programs will be impossible.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

With a few bytes (almost 1800 of them) of JavaScript, I managed to create a cool ASCII art :3=

Here's the code:
var f=0,a=["@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected][email protected]SAEI-BCACEAQkIWISEhISEhIQA3AAsLUAY8BTIGPAAFOD4WFyEeAyEhIBkyAAELEgAANyEAQgAAQhYWISEAFhYhACFCAAsLC[email protected][email protected]@LCg-Qs=","@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@LC1ABCgAJWxNaAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIAQg-AsAISEhACEhISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgY8AyEeAyAWFAMhIBYWGjwAAQsSAEI-BCACEhISEWQjcAISEhIRY3-LUQoAAhQGPAMhISEgFhpBMgMhHgMjMgELEgsAADchA[email protected][email protected]@L[email protected]@="],w=f=>(atob(a[f].replace(/-/g,'AAA').replace(/@/g,'Cws')).split('').map(x=>x.charCodeAt(0).toString(10).padStart(2,0)).join('')+'1').split(.map(x=>"<tt>"+x.split('').map(x=>"M +o'/:y\n.".charAt(x)).join('').replace(/ /g,'&nbsp;')+"</tt>").join('[br /]');window.onload=x=>{d=document.body,e="innerHTML";setInterval(x=>{d[e]='';d[e]=w(f=+(f==0))},300)}
(The big strings at the beginning are like 90% of the program, they hold all of the sprite data.)

You can also see a live version of the code here. (My webpage has a style tag getting rid of the margin of the elements I am injecting.

:walrii: (there was an optimization I made that threw the "code walrus" out of sync with the "CodeWalrus")

Who else thinks this belongs on the CW 404 page? I made an embeddable version (literally changed 2 things). You can embed it in your site, and it even comes with a link to CW, so you are helping CW and getting a cool animated :walrii:, all for just one line of code (technically). What a deal!

<div id="w"></div><script>var f=0,a=["@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected][email protected]SAEI-BCACEAQkIWISEhISEhIQA3AAsLUAY8BTIGPAAFOD4WFyEeAyEhIBkyAAELEgAANyEAQgAAQhYWISEAFhYhACFCAAsLC[email protected][email protected]@LCg-Qs=","@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@LC1ABCgAJWxNaAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIAQg-AsAISEhACEhISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgY8AyEeAyAWFAMhIBYWGjwAAQsSAEI-BCACEhISEWQjcAISEhIRY3-LUQoAAhQGPAMhISEgFhpBMgMhHgMjMgELEgsAADchA[email protected][email protected]@[email protected]@="],w=f=>(atob(a[f].replace(/-/g,'AAA').replace(/@/g,'Cws')).split('').map(x=>x.charCodeAt(0).toString(10).padStart(2,0)).join('')+'1').split(8).map(x=>"<tt>"+x.split('').map(x=>"M +o'/:y\n.".charAt(x)).join('').replace(/ /g,'&nbsp;')+"</tt>").join('<br>');window.onload=x=>{d=document.getElementById('w'),e="innerHTML";setInterval(x=>{d[e]=w(f=+(f==0))+"<br><br>Animated ASCII art walrus created by _iPhoenix_ for <a href='https://codewalr.us'>CodeWalrus</a>."},300);}//please don't remove my notice.</script>
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

DJ Omnimaga

After over a year, the first post of this thread was finally updated! :3=

DJ Omnimaga

I remade the Paladins character Moji (and its twin-headed dino pet Po-Li) into walruses ^^

_iPhoenix_

I made myself a new version of the _iPhoenix_ walrus, and I did a time lapse of me doing it!

I'll probably switch over soon, but I have a few things I want to change first!

Edit; I'd like to see a time lapse of xlib doing his, because holy s*** he is good

Evolution of my avatar:

DJ Omnimaga

I probably won't do a timelapse of myself doing walruses, since the Google Chrome one took about 5 minutes to make in real time xd

But I love it ^^

Do you have a small GIF version that I can append to the first post of this thread?

Yuki

I did a thing, for once.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: xlibman on July 04, 2018, 01:27:27 pm
I probably won't do a timelapse of myself doing walruses, since the Google Chrome one took about 5 minutes to make in real time xd

But I love it ^^

Do you have a small GIF version that I can append to the first post of this thread?

Yep!

Evolution of my avatar:

DJ Omnimaga

Thanks, I added it to the first post. Also I cross-posted the walruses on Cemetech for more visibility.

DJ Omnimaga

I don't know when that happened, but this topic has reached 300000 views now

_iPhoenix_

I was joking with TheLastMillennial about "forcibly grabbing a walrus to harvest its tusks for reuse as piranha teeth" (the fish being used in a game), and I sent him a frame from my avatar to use "as a testificate".

In five minutes, I modified that walrus to this:

Enlarged:

Not bad for 5 minutes :P

Evolution of my avatar:

_iPhoenix_

Happy Halloween, codewalrus!

Evolution of my avatar:

DJ Omnimaga

I like it @_iPhoenix_ :D

Also this had to happen:

DJ Omnimaga

It's official, thanks to my game, what actually is in Walrii world is Réseau de Transport de la Capitale walrus. xd

M4x1m3

Here is my small contribution to this topic: NumlWorks Walrii

Hope you like it ^^

DJ Omnimaga

I like it! :D I guess it's now the sister (or brother) of Walrii-ti84 xd