January 28, 2020, 03:04:17 pm

News:

what is this news thing for anyway

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TsukiOS

Started by Juju, April 10, 2015, 03:34:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 11, 2015, 01:45:43 pm
If it's compiled then the source code isn't visible :P but yeah, a lua based OS is quite cool. There are some ComputerCraft "OS"ses, but they're actually just a shell :/

Yeah, but the point of JIT is that the source is visible and is, when run dynamically compiled to native code.
I know and used the ComputerCraft mod alot in the past. It is quite nice.

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 11, 2015, 01:45:43 pm
If it's compiled then the source code isn't visible :P but yeah, a lua based OS is quite cool. There are some ComputerCraft "OS"ses, but they're actually just a shell :/
On the HP Prime, when you compile a program, you can still access its source code by going in the editor. I think it stores a copy of the source inside the compiled program, though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

A shell is already an good OS (or start), you see. It's not beacuse you don't have a fancy GUI that you can't already use your computer/thing on it as much as with.

gameblabla

It's really funny seeing Juju trying to undertake such a massive project like this,
only to see it die less than a day after.
Maybe he's still secretly working on it...

Though i kind of admit i too attempted projects as ambitious as this one.
(DellardOS for example, i still need to update it)

DJ Omnimaga

To be honest:
-Most juju projects did that :P (maybe short attention span plus school. I tend to switch projects often myself). This is why I was skeptical about the MLP fan movie project at first.
-It should be called TuskiOS or TuskOS not TsukiOS :3=

Juju

I have no attention span and I tend to abandon projects when the code I wrote/pieced together from tutorials and Linux 0.01 breaks beyond repair, like what happened to this project. Could try again, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here