Alternatively, join us on Discord.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AdventureWalrus! [CSE] [xlibC]

Started by Unicorn, April 04, 2015, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I would like to see a game like Burrito BIson Revenge, it'd be very fun! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Yeah.

also

Replace all the games with walrii ripoffs!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

brentmaas

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
Yeah.

also

The Walrii Scrolls confirmed?
Lel I glitched Omni

Unicorn

Cumred, no cookie clicker. It is now time to work on it today!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
Yeah.

also

Let's not do like with Flappy Bird, though. :P Ideally, too, Walrii-based games should have a certain quality minimum. Eg this particular calc game would be fine since there aren't many similar games available for the CSE, but flooding ticalc.org with 5 different versions of Walrii-based tic-tac-toe games would not. That said, maybe Walrii game ideas should be discussed in a separate topic or in the Walrii fanart thread. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, Casio fx-CG10, HP Prime, fx 1.0 Plus, fx-7400G Plus, fx-9750G Plus, fx-9860G, HP 39gII
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite

Unicorn

We could make a whole Walrii gameback!
A contest where everyone makes games with walrii and then they all get futured in the gamepack!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

That could work as well, but we would need to make sure to not use any Lbl/Goto so that they can be combined. That said, having them separate would be fine as well, especially with the fact that a game pack would take a lot of space (even more than FF:MF)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, Casio fx-CG10, HP Prime, fx 1.0 Plus, fx-7400G Plus, fx-9750G Plus, fx-9860G, HP 39gII

Snektron

You can even use Goto's with some ASM magic, maybe an app or something :P
Also maybe you can make a walrii subforum when there are getting more walrii games?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

April 05, 2015, 07:32:32 PM #23 Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:56:02 PM by Unicorn
So anyways, I am currently setting up a virtual windows 8 to run tokens...

I wanted to ask, which walrii should I use? Pink, rainbow,or regular?

EDIT: I'll go with regular for now, I might add a feature to change the colors.

Please still suggest stuff though!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 05, 2015, 07:01:10 PM
You can even use Goto's with some ASM magic, maybe an app or something :P
Also maybe you can make a walrii subforum when there are getting more walrii games?
Maybe, but I would prefer not cluttering the board too much.

Unicorn

So, I ran into some problems. How do you export appvars from Tokens? Do I have to throw it into another IDE to export an appvar?

Also, is there any other xlibC tutorials other than the one tr1p1ea wrote on dcs.cemetech.net?

So a pink Walrii?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

If I remember, there is an option somewhere that lets you edit sprites or tilesets in TokenIDE. In the sprite/image editor you can save as appvars IIRC.

There is no xLIB tutorial, unfortunately.

Unicorn

Anyways, this game is on hold for until I get my new computer and I finish adding new features to Caterite and Cat Nipper.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DJ Omnimaga

What will happen to the project and others if you never get a new computer? Will you quit calculator programming? O.O

Unicorn

I will keep programing this, it will just take a long time as I can't use Token IDE on my home computer. If I quit programming, I will make a formal announcement :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???