The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Jarvis Artificial Intelligence

Started by alexgt, March 17, 2015, 09:45:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

March 19, 2015, 09:16:19 pm #30 Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:17:50 pm by alexgt
Thanks I will post a download of the new prog in a minute or two still have to fix a simple bug. Thanks though

EDIT: Wait so if i had a prgm called TEST it would have to equal 9 bytes?

Snektron

Well not if you put it in directly like
Run("pgmTEST")
but if you have it in some other string the name needs to be 9 bytes (or more would work) indeed
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Awesome you just answered another question that I can put it in to strings and use it that way could I use it like: Run(prgmStr1) thanks for making the Axiom

Snektron

No, the prgm token needs to be IN the string. so it would just be Run(Str1)
Str1 is just a pointer to where the string starts, so the string could even be stored in something like A

alexgt

Oh ok thanks!

Do I need to run "RUN" first? then use the Axiom?

Snektron

But hang on, i have to add something :P

alexgt

alexgt

Here is a screenshot of current progress and a download: here is the download (this version has a few bugs I am aware of but in case there are some that slipped by plz tell me them).

Snektron

Looks good! i like the scrolling animation :)

I've also made a new update on my Axiom, it now checks the string for allowed tokens. For example
Run("prgmA{B")
will now run prgmA (Same thing for a string containing "prgmA]somerandomchars orsomthing")

Should i create a topic for this? :P

alexgt

DJ Omnimaga

March 20, 2015, 05:18:47 am #40 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:20:55 am by DJ Omnimaga
As an advice, although double-posting is tolerated for authors of projects in their project threads to ensure that people see your updates, your update was only 3 minutes after your previous post. When the timeframe between both posts is so short I would prefer that we use the EDIT button ;)

Of course outside a project topic or major site update thread the limit is 24 hours :P

I'm somewhat swamped with work this weekend so I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to try your program, but I downloaded it now in case. :)

Snektron

i think the double post was just an accident :P

alexgt

yes it was srry you can merge it if you want

EDIT; I had the download post ready to post then I forgot I posted just before that srry :-\

DJ Omnimaga

I can't merge posts nor delete them actually :P but oh well. Anyway I am curious about how this compares with Nikkybot :P. What would be funny one day is if your program was ported as an IRC bot then you put it in an IRC channel with Nikkybot :P

Snektron

Or make internet connection on your calc :P