Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

New member introductions: Say hello here!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 20, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Cool to hear. :3 I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

unknownloner

Hi I'm told I should totally post here and stuff...
Anyways I program calculators and computers and stuff, and I play way too much osu! and post videos about it on youtube. Also I seem to write extremely long and drawn-out posts for topics that don't necessarily require it because wooooo typing. Oh yeah I do CSE stuff, I made an ASM 2048 clone and snake game, and working on peggle off and on right now.
Oh and you should totally go here http://potc.unknownloner.com/ because prelude of the chambered is cool, and playing it without java is cooler :P

/)

pimathbrainiac

Hello Mr. Two Towns Over!

You should also totally post your project topics here. We love what you do, and we would love your contributions here!
Well, I'm bach here too!

Dream of Omnimaga

Hiya Unknown. Nice to have you aboard. Also some other users here are into MLP or used to be so they'll probably like your Youtube channel. :P (although that last link was insane O.O)

Also I tried the Snake game a while ago and it was pretty cool. I only tried Kerm's 2048, though. As for Peggle I'll need to check the topic on Cemetech when I have some time. I didn't play that game and I often confuse it with Pegs, but I remember Builderboy made a version for the 83+ a long while ago. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hey there Loner ! :D I'm looking forward to what you have to share, welcome to the forums. :)

Also I see you use Linux. That makes DJ the only person stuck on Windows here. Oh wait, there's matref too.
* Streetwalrus runs

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I feel pretty lonely on that point >.<

Also when this site opened only the staff had an account and I was pretty much the only one who never got into My Little Pony <_<

On the other hand, I got an HP Prime :trollface:.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

I want a Prime too lol but idk how to spend my money right so I'm not buying it for now.

unknownloner

Yup, Linux all the way! Been using it as my main OS for over a year now I'm happy to say.
As for peggle, I don't have a thread about it since I've been focusing on putting pretty things on screen rather than gameplay (also lots of math code). You can have a picture though :)

EDIT:
Streetwalrus the binary in your signature is literally worse than hitler :P

/)

Yuki

Hey there, I don't know you much since I don't go a lot on Cemetech, but hi. Nice to see a non-Omni member here, feel free to post all your project updates here.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: unknownloner on December 02, 2014, 12:27:59 AM
As for peggle, I don't have a thread about it since I've been focusing on putting pretty things on screen rather than gameplay (also lots of math code). You can have a picture though :)

Wow that looks quite different from the 83+ version for sure. I guess I am too used to its monochrome graphics :P

unknownloner

Hopefully it'll start to look more something like this as I work on it

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

That would rule. :D Are you making all your graphics from scratch or do you plan to re-use some from this game?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Hi Unknown! Have your pair of wings there and get too close to the forest nor the lake! ;). Nice PotC Oort, I should try it once I cab in a computer. And I look forward to you putting more art on the forum! :p
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

unknownloner

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 02, 2014, 04:56:49 AM
That would rule. :D Are you making all your graphics from scratch or do you plan to re-use some from this game?
For the most part I'm going to be drawing them all myself, but basing them off the originals. I have to draw them myself to get them looking halfway decent because I'm going with low color palettes (4 or 16 color for most of it) so it doesn't just eat up tons of space.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, although from experience, converting to 16 colors when I only use 1 color hue in a sprite is generally not too hard, like with circle/bullet icons. It's more with larger graphics that it becomes a problem. It should save a lot of space, though. I remember with xLIBC that Reuben graphics took like 56 KB of space or something (7 appvars worth of sprites). >.<