May 24, 2020, 10:59:11 pm

The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WARNING: DO NOT UPGRADE your TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE to OS 5.5.1 and higher. It removes all compatibility with most games and removes ASM programming!

DOWNGRADING IS IMPOSSIBLE. BE WARNED!

Favorite Chess opening (if you play chess)

Started by princetonlion.tibd, February 18, 2015, 02:46:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

princetonlion.tibd

February 18, 2015, 02:46:05 am Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:48:44 am by princetonlion.tibd
What's your favorite Chess opening and what side do you prefer playing it from?

I like the Sicilian Dragon but as White. But most people don't play by the book <_<

I sometimes play the King's Gambit because I'm an aggressive player.
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I like the Age of Empire II opening,  it's a chess battle!

岩倉 澪

I'm not a strong chess player and haven't studied opening theory much, but I play Reti as white. I explored double fianchetto, which led me to the Hungarian (of which I liked g3 -> Bg2 -> Nf3), but I felt it more direct/forceful to lead with the knight, and I find it allows for a more dynamic kind of play where development can respond well to what the opponent plays, though I don't fianchetto the bishop nearly as often now.
Here are a couple games I played against the (weak, but suitable for my level) AI of the program "p4wn2"
http://www.chesspastebin.com/2015/02/14/unknown-unknown-by-noname-1322/ <- When I was opening with the Hungarian
http://www.chesspastebin.com/2015/02/17/unknown-unknown-by-miotatsu/ <- nice game played just the other day

aeTIos

E2-E4 as white ^^
jk, I'm quite good at chess but I don't really play openings. I know there's stuff like Prussian gambit or so but that's where my knowledge of openings stops :P
ceci n'est pas une signature