Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Weird Links [possibly nsfw]

Started by Snektron, February 13, 2015, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WholeWheatBagels

The deep web is all the internet stuff that doesn't show up in search engines. Deep web is legal, like govt databases and stuff I think.

The dark web is the bad part of the deep web like where the Silk Road was.
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Dudeman313

What's the Silk Road?

And welcome to CW. :walrii: . Don't forget to inroduce yourself.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think you want to visit the Silk Road of the Internet. Assuming it still exists lol.

Also O.O http://madmoizerg.com/2013/09/le-baneling-trap-facon-maison/ (this is a recipe with grapes and fruits but they named it with Starcraft references about banelings XD)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Yuki

Yeah, the government managed to shut down the Silk Road even though it's on Tor and it's highly anonymous (because everything in there is obviously illegal), but I wouldn't be surprised if another one shows up.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah same. Once something gets taken down it usually takes less than 8 seconds before they appear again elsewhere or they get hosted in Russia.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

GalacticPirate

Just to be clear, here are Wikipedia's definitions :P
[spoiler]
QuoteThe deep web, dibre web, invisible web, or hidden web are parts of the World Wide Web whose contents are not indexed by standard search engines for any reason. The deep web is opposite to the surface web.

The deep web includes many very common uses such as web mail, online banking but also paid for services with a paywall such as video on demand, and many more.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteA darknet (or dark net) is an overlay network that can only be accessed with specific software, configurations, or authorization, often using non-standard communications protocols and ports. Two typical darknet types are friend-to-friend networks (usually used for file sharing with a peer-to-peer connection) and privacy networks such as Tor.

The reciprocal term for an encrypted darknet is clearnet or surface web when referring to search engine indexable content.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteThe dark web is the World Wide Web content that exists on darknets, overlay networks which use the public Internet but which require specific software, configurations or authorization to access. The dark web forms a small part of the deep web, the part of the Web not indexed by search engines, although sometimes the term "deep web" is confusingly used to refer specifically to the dark web.

The darknets which constitute the dark web include small, friend-to-friend peer-to-peer networks, as well as large, popular networks like Freenet, I2P, and Tor, operated by public organizations and individuals. Users of the dark web refer to the regular web as the Clearnet due to its unencrypted nature. The Tor dark web may be referred to as onionland, a reference to the network's top level domain suffix .onion and the traffic anonymization technique of onion routing.
[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting, I was sure that one of them refered specifically to illegal stuff, which P2P file sharing isn't (sharing copyrighted material is illegal, but you can also share legal files via P2P).

Also I think sometimes people confuse the terms with "the wrong side of the Internet". When people talk about how they landed on the wrong side of Youtube again, they usually refer to how they ended up on very weird videos that are often disturbing or even bordering on shock imagery.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah, that is regular Internet humor. :P

By the wrong side of Youtube, I mean for example if you suddenly run into videos of animals having sex, overly gory stuff, weird sea animals found in Japan, somebody with his eyeballs popped out or anything else that is Creepypasta-like.

Yuki

I fell on videos of turtles having sex with shoes once, it's, somehow... cute?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

The turtles were humping shoes??  :crazy:

I saw a video of a lizard that was a raper in science class. He keep sneaking up behind the females and laying on top of them, and then the females would run and throw themselves of cliffs and get up to run away.  :blah:

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

That is quite weird. I sure hope that won't happen with actual people O.O

Dudeman313

Talk about a will to survive... *.*
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Dream of Omnimaga

Make Obama say what you want! http://talkobamato.me/

You type anything in the box and Obama will say it in a Youtube Poop fashion.

He seems to have an hard time saying the F word (I made him say STFU) and an even harder time saying CodeWalrus

(Thanks @JWinslow23 for the link)