We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC (More rooms available on our Discord server)

Author Topic: 84p apps on the 84pce?  (Read 557 times)

Offline TheChosen’s World

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
84p apps on the 84pce?
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:32:54 am »
How would i run a 84 program on my ti-84 plus ce without a syntax error, I really want to run fruit-ninja and SuperSmashBros:open on my calc  :crazy:

Offline Lionel Debroux

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-0
    • debrouxl
    • 58/5891
Re: 84p apps on the 84pce?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:45 am »
Simply put, if you want to run a 84+ program, get yourself a 84+, or use an emulator on your computer: TilEm-NG is usually considered one of the most accurate ones :)

The monochrome 84+ and the color 84+CE are very different platforms: different processor, different memory layout, etc. Assembly programs and FlashApps written for one of these platforms will simply not work for the other platform. Nobody wrote a monochrome 84+ emulator for the 83PCE / 84+CE(-T). It's not that nobody knows how to emulate a 84+, but the thing is, making an emulator is a lot of work, and making it work on such a relatively underpowered platform as the 84+CE is even more work. The 84+CE is not much more powerful than the 84+.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Offline TheChosen’s World

• New User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +0/-0
Re: 84p apps on the 84pce?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 08:56:53 pm »
Simply put, if you want to run a 84+ program, get yourself a 84+, or use an emulator on your computer: TilEm-NG is usually considered one of the most accurate ones :)

The monochrome 84+ and the color 84+CE are very different platforms: different processor, different memory layout, etc. Assembly programs and FlashApps written for one of these platforms will simply not work for the other platform. Nobody wrote a monochrome 84+ emulator for the 83PCE / 84+CE(-T). It's not that nobody knows how to emulate a 84+, but the thing is, making an emulator is a lot of work, and making it work on such a relatively underpowered platform as the 84+CE is even more work. The 84+CE is not much more powerful than the 84+.

it really do be like that sometimes

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games