We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC & Discord main room

If you have a forum account, have more than 4 posts and are not part of a restricted usergroup, then you can chat in our main Discord server room directly from here and continue using the forums at the same time. Or you can join our server directly and access many more discussion rooms!

Author Topic: Attack of the Snails!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline _iPhoenix_

• Custom title
  • Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +16/-1
  • ███████ ▼ ♪ Best music ♫
    • @dj_iPhoenix
    • @UCytgMNPxAMDsxjimvxHf01w
    • Legend-of-iPhoenix
    • @the-legend-of-iphoenix
    • My website.
Re: Attack of the Snails!
« on: July 27, 2018, 05:21:33 pm »
More progress has been made! I created a version of my font routine that is optimized for drawing numbers, and here you can see it drawing a small counter. It's blazing fast: this is with a dummy loop that runs 8 thousand times slowing it down. I don't show this in the gif, but it pads the start with zeros if it needs to.

This will let me draw the score and do many other things, so I'm super excited!

It won't be too hard to make it draw the score and multiplier. The routine that draws the text can "chain" the position where it left off into this routine (and vice versa), so that I can draw some text, then draw a number, then draw some more text.

Using my skills of uncommenting sections of code that I wrote a while ago (this routine's inputs have been planned out for quite some time now), I added the code that draws the score (difficulty was vastly increased for the sake of brevity):

I've decided that I'm going to reduce the number of rows that are on the screen, it's too cluttered, and you gain points far too fast.
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games