We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: CodeWalrus ads are shutting off on July 11th  (Read 848 times)

Offline 123outerme

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +6/-0
  • Professional Unpaid Intern
    • @UCx1XQoxAm-ZTz-lwyUqbs0w
    • 123outerme
    • 113/11355
Re: CodeWalrus ads are shutting off on July 11th
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:53 pm »
Yeah, the big networks such as Google AdSense are easily one of the easiest attack vectors for viruses and such and we would never annoy you with invasive, crappy ads nor ever forcing you to see them. Project Wonderful did a pretty good job at not doing that.

On that, once it disappears, you might be able to give me a good price to put your own ads manually in in its place, that'd be nice.
I actually have a good recommendation. If you really wanted/needed to put up ads, add AdSense ads, (jeez so many "ad"s), but have them disabled by default. Then, the user could opt-in to see them (which I would do, I really don't mind ads of any caliber, as long as they stay in their little box and aren't too NSFW or whatever). Disable them even for guests, if you really felt it was necessary.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games