note, the converter currently is not 100% compatible with CW's BBCode, but compatibility will come eventually! For demonstration purposes, I made no modifications to the output of my program, even though it doesn't work entirely.
to be easily converted into HTML.
Last night, I realized that BBCode is also designed to be turned into HTML and formatting in Markdown is much more concise than BBCode. Maybe I can write posts faster in Markdown!
This is the result of about a hour of work. The converter uses Regular Expressions to match the Markdown formatting in the input text and replace it with the appropriate BBCode and HTML tags. Here's what I have so far:
(The Markdown to HTML lets you how down to h4, but I'm too lazy to add this to the BBCode version)
[strike]strikethrough[/strike] bold italics
- more list (it joins adjacent list elements appropriately)
This post was converted from Markdown into BBCode using the Markdown -> BBCode converter! You can see the source code for this post here
You can find the converter at https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/markdown-bbcode-html/
- Block quotes
- Somehow, colors???
- Code cleanup
- Bugfixing, particularly bugs with italics using asterisks.
- Escaping? Somehow?
- Nested lists? Somehow?
- Ordered lists.
- Make generated HTML a bit nicer-looking. (Apply formatting rules)
- Clean up the actual website (I think jcgter777 is going to help with this)
- Add support for more advanced Markdown.
- Potentially convert BBCode to Markdown?