We're on Discord! Please join our server now if you don't want to miss anything! (More info) | Join the UCC4 contest! (More info)

* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Editorial: A small PSA about CodeWalrus  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Juju

• aka Yuki Kagayaki aka J̵̭͕͇ù̞̭̝̯̦j̴̭̙̗͖͡ù͏͓̲̕
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Server Maintenance
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +37/-2
  • Couch potato
    • jul.savard
    • juju2143
    • @juju2143
    • juju2143
    • @julosoft
    • juju-kun
    • /u/juju2143
    • juju2143
    • @juju2143
    • Juju's shed
  • WalriiPoints: 99999
Re: Editorial: A small PSA about CodeWalrus
« on: March 03, 2018, 01:00:36 am »
Well, yeah. We already kinda felt this back a few years ago when we founded CW. So since the beginning, while our audience was at first the calculator community, we opened ourselves to everything else that might interest one who enjoyed hacking their calculator. But, well, since everyone we invited over here was pretty much from the calculator community and the other forums would also see this problem, once the newness worn off we'd going to see the same problem as well. That was our fear since the beginning. We're becoming stagnant because the whole community is becoming stagnant because, well, more and mpre countries are limiting or even disallowing use of calculators at school, and those who did use calculators don't have any use outside school or maybe engineering. For the most part, we're just hobbyists who were tied to a specific piece of hardware for pretty much fun.

Well, how to solve this, well, we're not sure. Our marketing isn't quite good, but eh, if you can invite friends from other communities here, then that would be pretty nice.

So what's the future? Well, I don't know. We still have a nice user core and I intend to do everything to keep it, even though everyone here moved on. Can we still be considered a calculator site? I don't know either. We still have ties to the other ones, but if we're no longer doing that, where are we going?

Only the future will tell.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games