The shoutbox is currently out of service. Join us on Discord instead.
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anyone know some good vanishing magic tricks?

Started by JWinslow23, June 27, 2017, 10:27:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JWinslow23

I want to do a disappearing act at the end of a performance I'm doing on July 4th. The desired effect of the trick is that I somehow disappear from the stage. What are the easiest/least expensive methods that I could feasibly do, without anything like trapdoors in the stage?

The stage is elevated off the ground a few feet, and it 's closed off from the sides. There are no curtains, or ways that I can escape the stage save for some obvious staircases on the sides.

Here is the most practical idea I've come up with: a cardboard gravestone, with a trick to it. The red ball represents me. Pardon my use of MS Paint.

Anyone else have ideas for disappearing tricks?

_iPhoenix_

Put a hat on it, as people are smart, and also attach a fishing line to the top of the facade and through a hole in the gravestone so you can "magically" raise it up and re-appear
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 27, 2017, 11:47:38 am
Put a hat on it, as people are smart, and also attach a fishing line to the top of the facade and through a hole in the gravestone so you can "magically" raise it up and re-appear

I don't wear a hat, but if I do it right, I could see a way to take my jacket off and throw it over to make the thing fall. That effect could be interesting.

About the fishing line, I could do that, but I'd also have to not do that thing with the jacket.

123outerme

I would say make the dark gray area a little wider than the light gray area in that picture, so when the "gravestone" falls down, people aren't able to clearly see the divide in the cardboard.

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 02:03:15 pm

I don't wear a hat, but if I do it right, I could see a way to take my jacket off and throw it over to make the thing fall. That effect could be interesting.

About the fishing line, I could do that, but I'd also have to not do that thing with the jacket.

Not a hat you wear, a hat as in a top to the container!
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

JWinslow23

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 27, 2017, 03:50:15 pm
Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 02:03:15 pm

Not a hat you wear, a hat as in a top to the container!

The container that has me? Where would this top go?

c4ooo

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 27, 2017, 10:27:58 am
Anyone else have ideas for disappearing tricks?

Browsing codewalus/cemetech. All your time magically disappears ;)