Alternatively, join us on Discord.

TI84+CE Wrapper for Monochrome TI-BASIC Programs.

Started by c4ooo, June 25, 2017, 03:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

c4ooo

At this point this is only a proof of concept, but the goal of this project is to hook all the drawing commands in ti-basic, making them behave like they would on the monochrome calculators. As of right now i have only hooked 4 ti-basic commands: ClrDraw, pxl-on, pxl-off, and pxl-test. The library is initialized with "1:Asm(INSTLAPI" (this needs to be put at the start of the monochrome tibasic program) and de-initialized with "0:Asm(INSTLAPI".

DJ Omnimaga

Nice idea :O . I am curious if this could eventually be adapted for home screen commands, since many old games use it? Godd luck c4ooo on this project :3=

_iPhoenix_

Well, with the home screen, it all works you just have to deal with the size being smaller.
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

c4ooo

Quote from: xlibman on June 25, 2017, 08:20:47 pm
Nice idea :O . I am curious if this could eventually be adapted for home screen commands, since many old games use it? Godd luck c4ooo on this project :3=

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 25, 2017, 09:31:56 pm
Well, with the home screen, it all works you just have to deal with the size being smaller.

Thanks!
I will have to eventually add some sort of handler for homescreen commands; at the very least switch back to 16bpp so the OS can at least render them correctly. But yea, any homescreen based game can already run fine, it just doesn't take up the whole screen :P

Alvajoy123

Quote from: c4ooo on June 25, 2017, 03:51:37 pm
At this point this is only a proof of concept, but the goal of this project is to hook all the drawing commands in ti-basic, making them behave like they would on the monochrome calculators. As of right now i have only hooked 4 ti-basic commands: ClrDraw, pxl-on, pxl-off, and pxl-test. The library is initialized with "1:Asm(INSTLAPI" (this needs to be put at the start of the monochrome tibasic program) and de-initialized with "0:Asm(INSTLAPI".



Nice  :thumbsup:
Like the look and I hope it ends out looking good
The maker of Xenon.

DJ Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on June 25, 2017, 09:42:31 pm
Quote from: xlibman on June 25, 2017, 08:20:47 pm
Nice idea :O . I am curious if this could eventually be adapted for home screen commands, since many old games use it? Godd luck c4ooo on this project :3=

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on June 25, 2017, 09:31:56 pm
Well, with the home screen, it all works you just have to deal with the size being smaller.

Thanks!
I will have to eventually add some sort of handler for homescreen commands; at the very least switch back to 16bpp so the OS can at least render them correctly. But yea, any homescreen based game can already run fine, it just doesn't take up the whole screen :P
Ah ok I wasn't sure if you used the old 83+ fonts

_iPhoenix_

Also, add the "working on it" thingie. It's the best part of an 83+/84+ program tbh (jk)
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

c4ooo

August 31, 2017, 10:17:24 pm #7 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:01:44 am by c4ooo
If anyone wants the source code: https://goo.gl/9PGkgX

Edit: "fixed" url, as for some reason the URL would redirect to "https://github.com/c4ooo/TI84-CE-Wrapper-for-Monochrome-TI-BASIC-Programs"; instead of "https://github.com/c4ooo/TI84-CE-Wrapper-for-Monochrome-TI-BASIC-Programs.";. (The second one has a period at the end).

Powered by EzPortal