Development > Hardware

Building an arcade cabinet

(1/9) > >>

Juju:

This is a little project I'm building with my brother, some sort of arcade thing which should be pretty fun to do. On the hardware side, I'm using one of my VGA 1440x900 LCD panels, this one has DVI-I with a simple $5 HDMI converter attached, I have a bunch of arcade sticks, my brother already built this one on the bottom, from spare wood and a kit bought on Amazon, there a Raspberry Pi 3 I'm going to install RetroPie, I have an USB sound card, a mini bluetooth keyboard from some $10 iPhone case, the whole thing should work, only thing left is to probably build a frame out of wood and a bunch of decals would be welcome, that would be awesome.

Now I'm going to install and configure the OS, any ideas are welcome and I'll keep you updated ^_^

aeTIos:
cool. like, really cool. gonna be following this

kotu:
 8)

so will we be allowed to come round to your house and try it??

p2:
uuuh I love this project, xan't wait for updates ^.^

will u try to put all the hardware in a hibe wooden thingy like the real arcade machines? :)
glad ur doing a project together with ur bro, didnt have the impression u were such a great team until now ^^

Juju:

--- Quote from: p2 on May 15, 2017, 09:14:00 pm ---will u try to put all the hardware in a hibe wooden thingy like the real arcade machines? :)
glad ur doing a project together with ur bro, didnt have the impression u were such a great team until now ^^

--- End quote ---
If my brother gets around to make one, yes. Been a while I wanted to do things with him. That or a webcomic, that would be nice too.

Anyway, the nice thing is that the whole thing is pretty inexpensive, the big thing in the budget is the Raspberry Pi and even then it's not really expensive for a computer. The rest are either scraps, things I already have or things that are less than $5 at the hobby shop /hardware store down the street.

Also trying to fit the RetroPie-provided disk image on a SD card that is slightly smaller. it's going to be a pain. Not that much, actually, so far.

EDIT: It's a GODDAMN PAIN IN THE you know where

EDIT2: The SD card is suddenly uncooperative for some reason? Well then. Project on hold until I find another that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version